Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday, April 10th, 2013




We’re still struggling with our “parenting style” to find something that works for us with Angel; then we can be more consistent in our approach.  One night she’s in the guest bedroom another night she’s in the living room.  This morning I woke up and she’s in our room next to the bed.  I guess she cried too much early this morning in the next bedroom so Reina moved her.

About 8am this morning I had Angel out again on the tree bank and the neighbor Lionel’s garage door goes up.  He backed the car out and a pretty young lady gets in the passenger side.  What was most surprising was that she was blonde.

I’m getting increasingly frustrated with the speaking portion of Rosetta Stone when I can’t perfectly pronounce the words as they want in Spanish.  Even something as simple as Hola they sometimes reject my pronunciation.  At one point I had Reina repeat a sentence and it still took a while for RS to accept her pronunciation.

About 12:15 Reina left to go be with her mother for her surgery.  I gave her the last of my cash – 13mil - which should be enough for today for buses and a snack.

While Reina was away I practiced making French toast.  It’s been a long time since I’ve made anything but it didn’t come out too badly.  Dylan was here and he had a piece and he said it was good.

5pm I heard a peal of thunder to the west, repeated again at 5:15 but nothing developed from it.  I hope Reina took her small umbrella with her because I see the large one is still here.

Later when Reina returned she said it poured at the hospital even though it was completely dry here.  Her sister is at the hospital and Reina has been trying to reach her by cell phone but it’s always busy.

Reina mentioned an upcoming fiesta that costs 40mil per couple.  I guess I’ll get the details later.

No comments:

Post a Comment