Monday, December 8, 2014

Saturday, December 6th, 2014

I got up 4 times during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8am. 
I had a bowl of cereal with Teresa and then went back to bed for an hour nap.
When I got up I made waffle mix and a waffle that Teresa and I shared.

At 11:30 Laura got up and I made another one for her.  Teresa and I were going to share another waffle but I ran out of mix.  Next time I’ll make more so we will have enough for a full waffle each.  After I put the mix in for the waffle I turn on a 5 minute timer I have on my iPad so I don’t forget to look to see when the green light came on on the waffle maker.  The timer has several different sounds and I usually use “big ben”.  This time I set it to “cats” and it sounded like a cat screeching.  Teresa heard it from outside and she let the dogs in and they ran around looking for the cat.  They finally figured out where the sound was coming from but they still couldn’t see the cat.   Lol.

Teresa got a phone call from her sister in Envigado and I understood she wants to go there today.

Early tomorrow morning she wants to go to mass in Envigado.

At 3pm it started raining again.  As Teresa said they get a lot of rain in November and December.  She let the dogs inside for a couple hours until it stopped.

I went to the website that Laura used last night – yaske.net – and selected subtitled movies and started going through the list for movies I can’t find on Netflix.  There were a lot of B-level movies but I did find The Game, The Book Thief, Titanic, Django Unchained, and Interstellar.

My SNES order still shows its “In Transit”.

Teresa and I took a nap from 4:30 to 5:30 then Teresa went up to the loft to bring down some more Christmas stuff.

At 6pm Teresa got a call and all I understood was the US and died and she started crying.  I knocked on Laura’s bedroom door and when she came out I asked her what happened.  She listened a minute and then typed “Lucy, a friend from Canada died”.  I understood she was 56 and had breast cancer which metastasized - to her arms and hands?  Her mother also died of it so Teresa believes it was genetic.

We watched more of Forrest Gump and then stopped for a snack.  Laura requested we watch Wish You Were Here on yaske.net but after an hour it wasn’t going anywhere so we stopped.

I took my sleeping pill at 9:45 and we went to bed at 10pm.


T-shirt of the day: Create a life.  (Not sure if I should comment on this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment