Thursday, April 9, 2015

Wednesday, April 8th, 2015



I slept well until 4am when I woke up to very heavy rain hitting the roof.   At 4:15 Laura knocked on our bedroom door and I understood because of the weather she wasn’t going to school today.  At 4:30 I got up, took 2 sleeping pills and went back to bed.  I finally woke/got up at 9am and by then the rain had stopped and it was a pretty clear day.

I made toast for myself and later for Laura.  Teresa made her own.  I asked Laura next time to ask for the bread to be cut thicker.

We left the finca at 1:15 with the large umbrella and got past the killer dogs undetected.  We waited 20 minutes to catch a bus to El Poblado.  We arrived at Torre Medica at 2:15 for Teresa’s 3:20 appointment with the gastroenterologist (sp?).  She was hungry so we stopped at Il Capuccino where she had lunch and I had a bowl of soup and a Coke for a total of 22,500.

At 3pm she went up to see the doctor and I walked the 4 blocks or so to MBE.  All I received were the 3 receipts for my pension deposits.  I thought I wasn’t receiving one of them; I’ll have to check on that.  The lady who works there had a cute scottish terrier running free and I gave it two small dog biscuits.

Back at Torre Intermedica I waited in line for about 20 minutes to take out more cash from their ATM.  

At 3:30 I met Teresa in the outer waiting room where I found she had already seen the doctor and had received some pills.  That appointment cost 120mil (about $48).  We went downstairs and sat awhile and then Teresa went back up to ask more questions at his office.

When she returned she had a list of 3 prescriptions she needs to have filled for her stomach problem.  She called a few pharmacies checking on prices. 
On the bus on the way to Envigado I noticed another Office Depot store in a Sao Paulo Plaza on the edge of Envigado.  Some day I’ll check it out for that Bankers Box to hold file folders.

 We stopped at Carbón de Leña where we cooled down with a glass of juice.  We walked a few blocks to Todo Drogas Calle 37 Sur #39-66 in Envigado where Teresa picked up more pills which cost me 307,500 (about $123).  Wow!  I think I’ll try this pharmacy next time I need to renew my monthly prostate medicine.

We walked a few blocks to the downtown Exito where for 82mil we picked up a few things we know we can’t find in Merkepaisa in Caldas.  One of the things was a small jar of strawberry jam for toast.

We took a taxi to the highway and quickly caught a Fredonia bus.  
Unfortunately it made a 10 minute stop in downtown Caldas.

We got past the killer dogs undetected and were back at the finca by 7:40.
I received a voice mail message from Sears to call them.

Yesterday I sent my tax information to the lawyer and today I received an email confirming what I had sent.

Laura told us she really needs to use her computer again so tomorrow Teresa and I are going to Monterey to investigate whether a new power cord will get it working again then we are going to take the bus to Las Americas to see Still Alice.

Teresa informed me we need to buy more eggs tomorrow.  I told her, since we’re getting Laura’s laptop repaired, why doesn’t she buy eggs in Caldas tomorrow and bring them back to the finca?  She agreed!

About 9:30 we heard the terriers going crazy.  Teresa said a dog from a neighboring finca probably wandered into the yard and the terriers attacked it.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Born to be wild.

No comments:

Post a Comment