Saturday, March 11, 2017

Friday, March 10, 2017

I slept pretty well waking/getting up at 8:15.

I went to the corner store (tienda) for milk.  While waiting, I saw a stack of Gente newspapers sitting on the table so I took one.  
(Reminder: Gente is a free Medellin newspaper that comes out every Friday and those delivered to Envigado have some local news.  I often have trouble finding one; or remembering to look for one.)

When I got back to the apt, over a pancake breakfast, I skimmed through it.  I recognized a photo of Herman as he was in an article about food availability near the metro.

I told Teresa about my plan to use MT’s Bancolombia account to pay SmartFit and she informed me that Laura has an account there and she gave me her account number.

We all (except Laura who is still convalescing) left the apt at 10:45.  At the gym I asked Jose for help with talking to the woman at the front desk.  I learned that the amount for the first month for the 3 of us will be 49,000 +30,000 + 89,000 or 168,000 x 3 = 504,000.  For MT it will be 49,000 + 30,000 = 79,000.  All together it will be 583,000.  That’s the amount I need to put into Laura’s account to cover the first month.

For the following months the cost will 199,600 for the 4 of us.
I did all 20 exercises that I had written down in my book, over the next hour and 50 minutes.  I’ll post the names of the machines soon as a separate list for those who would rather ignore it.

When we left it was raining so Teresa decided we would stop for lunch at Frisby.  Teresa paid for it and I had chicken/carrot/ vegetable soup, a Friburrito with ranch sauce and a fresh mango juice.

Back at the apt we soon collapsed and took a nap for an hour.

Among new US movie releases I might like to see My Scientology Movie (6.7) and maybe Kong: Skull Island (7.2).  Locally, Kong is playing throughout the day at Oviedo and Santafe.  Oviedo at 1:55pm, 4:50pm, and 7:45pm; Santafe at 2:40pm, 5:40pm and 8:30pm (they even have one starting at 11:20pm).  We might go see it on Sunday.

I received an email from MBE that I have a document waiting for pickup.

Tonight I finished the last of my peanuts.  So I’ve gone through 2 bags of Fritos, 4 bags of salted-in-the shell peanuts and a box of English toffee since February 19th.  Now it’s time to start getting into shape.


T-shirt of the day: “That’s too much bacon,” said no one ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment