Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Monday, March 20, 2017

Happy Equinox!  Donald Trump has been POTUS for 2 months.  What could possibly go wrong?

Today’s another holiday here.  What we call a “long weekend” in the US here they call it a “bridge” weekend.

Today’s partly sunny but the clouds do not appear threatening.  Later it got a little more overcast.

I left alone for the gym at 10:15.  Teresa wanted to clean the bathroom and she said she’d do some time on our exercise cycle at the apt.  MT and Laura arrived later.  I increased the weight on 15 of the machines and added a new one – Abdominal.  I left 2 hours and 15 minutes later.

No one was playing chess in the park either going to or coming back from the gym.

After lunch we took a nap from 2:15 to 3pm then she challenged me to a domino tournament.  I said only if we play for 2,000 pesos a game and she agreed.  After 8 games I was up 7-1; that’ll teach her to play dominoes with me.  She said if I win the next game then we’ll stop playing.  She then rolled off a 5 game winning streak of her own so it was 7-6.  I then won 4 of the next 5 games and we stopped so she could watch one of her favorite TV programs.

I watched the video Lecture of the Week: Develop a Middlegame Plan on the Saint Louis Chess Club website.  Even though it’s a little advanced for me it demonstrates how to plan based on a given middle game position.


T-shirt of the day: IMMORTAL (so far).

No comments:

Post a Comment