Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Monday, March 27, 2017

I slept pretty well, falling asleep relatively quickly and only getting up twice during the night.  I woke up at 6am and got up at 6:30 but this probably will mean I’ll need a little nap after lunch before going to my 6:30pm chess match.

Another very overcast morning.

When I left the apt at 9:30 it was mostly sunny outside with a bright blue sky.  Walking through the park I recognized a couple guys playing chess.  I completed my workout in a little less than 2 hours.  Did I mention there are some nice looking ladies working out here?  Today I learned that Teresa’s private workouts are Monday thru Thursday except on long weekends when it’s Tuesday thru Friday.

I think I forgot to mention last week when Laura and I took the metro together I learned I can use my Civica card for both of us.

I took a little nap from 2:15 to 3:30, mainly just resting my eyes.

Well that’s interesting.  I received 2 emails from MBE that I have packages identified as “umbrellas’ waiting for pickup.  I was expecting a red umbrella to replace the incorrect color (black) they sent me but certainly not 2.

I left the apt at 4:15 with my large umbrella (I heard thunder in the distance and there were dark threatening clouds out east), but without my sunglasses.

I stopped at Herman’s stand and talked with him briefly.
The metro was crowded but not cattle car crowded partly because I was fortunate to be standing in the area between two cars until we got closer to San Antonio station.

At the chess league I soon saw Jose Cruz.  He’s the Cuban man with the Colombian wife living part time in Florida and part time in Medellin.  I talked to him about getting an FIDE rating and he believes we have to “join” FIDE somehow to get a rating.  I thought the chess league probably pays to be FIDE affiliated.  The “owner” wasn’t there today but we’ll try again on Wednesday.
My opponent on board 11 was Diego Fernando Restrepo and he’s the 7th highest rated in the tournament at 1745.  He arrived a couple minutes late but played well and had me in trouble for most of the game.  I thought I was going to sneak out of it but I ended up resigning on the 38th move. 

Again it was pouring as we finished the game.  Luckily I had my large umbrella so I didn’t even get the bottom of my pants wet as I walked to the bus stop.  I quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado for 18,000 pesos.  I was back by 9:30.

Teresa informed me that her mother doesn’t want to call SS tomorrow she wants to go to Bogota.  I understand we’ll wait until the rainy season is over which means June.


T-shirt of the day: Drinking rum before noon makes you a pirate, not an alcoholic.

No comments:

Post a Comment