Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Monday, March 6, 2017

I slept well despite a few squeaky brakes early in the morning.
I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show, MT came over and we all left for the gym at 10:45.

I worked out on a few machines and then got on a treadmill for the first time.  I did 20 minutes at speed 5 achieving a heart rate of close to 120.  While still there Jose came over and I wished him a nice vacation.  He told me he changed it to June because his best friend’s mother-in-law is sick.  He then told me his birthday is in July and not to forget.  Lol.  I told him not to tell me the day but he did anyway – the 15th.  He informed me he likes chocolates and shorts.  (I might be able to have some fun with that!)  Laura asked me if I know what’s downstairs and I told her I thought it was parking.  She said no so I went downstairs where I saw they have a free weight exercise room.  Back upstairs I worked on some more machines and finally we all left at 12:15.

On the way back to the apt I walked thru the park but only saw one chess game in progress.  They were playing on one of those strange chess sets (non staunton) so I’m beginning to think that the guy who used to bring chess pieces by at 11am isn’t doing it anymore.
I looked online and it appears El Viejo y El Pancake is now open Wednesday thru Sunday.

At 3:45 I changed into my jeans, t-shirt, and gym shoes and headed to the park to play chess.  I walked about 100’ and felt a couple rain drops and saw dark clouds out east so I did a u-turn and returned to the apt.  I heard a clap of thunder a couple minutes later but it never did rain.  Drat!

I completed a short chapter - Chapter 13 – Over-Protection and Weak Pawns in My System.

The wife of the couple renting the finca stopped by and dropped off the 500mil monthly rental.  Teresa told me they now have 3 large dogs and they are very happy there, so I guess they’ll be staying, meaning a steady rental so that’s good.

I received an email welcoming me to EnCicla, Medellin’s “rent a bicycle for free” program.  I have 7 days to go to their office with my Cedula and Civica card at Carrera 53 #40A-31 in Alpujarra to finalize the registration.  They are open Monday thru Thursday 7:30am-1:30pm & 2pm-5pm and Friday 7:30am-1:30pm & 2pm-4:30pm.  I checked the map and it looks like its just 4 blocks (SW) from Estacion Alpujarra.  I think I’ll take care of that Thursday morning and then continue on to El Viejo y El Pancake for lunch.
Teresa tells me she wants to go to Santafe tomorrow if the weather is nice.


T-shirt of the day: I like you but if zombies chase us, I’m tripping you.

2 comments: