Sunday, March 19, 2017

Saturday, March 18, 2017

I went to bed at 11pm and didn’t wake up until 6am.  Unfortunately I couldn’t get back to sleep so I got up at 7:15.

I had a breakfast of Fitness cereal with a sliced banana and milk.
I left the apt at 8am and at BanColombia saw their lobby doesn’t open until 9am.  I walked over to El Pastelito and took my time enjoying the weather and a cup of coffee.

I was back at the bank by 8:50 where I found a line 30 yards long.  At least the bank opened on time, I got my number and got one of the available seats.  The wait was 50 minutes and I paid the Caldas municipal tax of 267,216 (2 quarters worth) on the finca.  (While waiting I saw the word sucursal used on many signs and when I got back to the apt I found it means branch office.)

Teresa came back from the gym 10 minutes later and went in to lie down for 5 minutes.

We left the apt at 10:45 for Euro in Mayorista.  I helped Teresa with a few things and then, as usual, headed to the cafeteria to read my Nook.  As I was sitting there I thought I heard English being spoken behind me.  I picked up my things and walked to a back table where I found 2 gringos – one from LA and the other from LV (Las Vegas).  They have come for a visit once a year for the last 4-5 years and were staying at a nearby hotel.

Teresa asked me to have lunch in the cafeteria.  When I got back to the café the guys were gone.  I tried to order a hotdog at Doggers but the girl said she wouldn’t open for 15 more minutes so I ordered a bacon & cheese omelet and coffee from the cafeteria. 
I helped Teresa check out and we were back at the apt by 1:15.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,914 to the US Dollar.

I was supposed to meet Edilson in Parque Envigado at 5pm but a storm started just before 4pm.  For 5 minutes we even got some small hail; first time I remember seeing that here.  Teresa got a little nervous from a little wind but I told her to calm down as it often gets a lot worse in Chicago.  Later on TV the news showed some Envigado storm damage.

I hooked up the TV to my laptop and we watched Dark Skies (6.3) on Netflix though it wasn’t very good.  We started watching Out of Sight and it was even worse (7.0) though it had a lot of stars – George Clooney, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheadle, Dennis Farina, Albert Brooks, Steve Zahn, Viola Davis, Samuel L. Jackson, and Michael Keaton.  We didn’t finish it and we may never do.

T-shirt of the day: Some things are better left unsaid.  But I’m probably going to say them anyway

No comments:

Post a Comment