Monday, March 6, 2017

Sunday, March 5, 2017

I slept well last night except at 5am someone talking loudly outside woke me and it took a little while to get back to sleep.

I finally woke/got up at 8:30.  The water was back on, yay!

I saw it was very overcast so I knew we weren’t going to Santafe today.  Teresa asked me what we are going to do today.  I said we’re going to Pizza Americana in Itagui for lunch.  She said she doesn’t like pizza so she’ll stay home and make fish for her and Laura.

About noon I started feeling the shakes because I was too hungry.  That isn’t something that happens often, maybe a couple times a year. All I had a couple hours before was Fitness cereal with a small banana.  I guess it’s due to low or high blood sugar; the cause isn’t as important as the cure.

I dressed and grabbed my things and left the apt.  I only had to wait a couple minutes to catch a taxi right outside our front door.  He took me to the Pizza Americana in Itagui for 10,000 pesos.  This location wasn’t in a quiet residential area like the one in Laureles.  It’s next to an apartment building on a pretty busy street.  I was the only customer so I chose a seat at one of the two outside tables.
I ordered my usual – Napolitana – which is double cheese, tomato and oregano and it comes with a 600ml bottle of Pepsi.  I read my Nook for the 20 minutes it took to prepare.  This selection – Napolitana – in this restaurant – Pizza Americana – is the closest I’ve come to the pizza I was used to back in the States (specifically Chicago).  Next time I’ll see if I can add some onion and green pepper.  I ate 3 of the 4 slices and had the 4th wrapped to take back to Laura.  The total price came to 14,000 pesos or about $5.
I quickly caught a taxi back to the apt for 9,000 pesos.  The ride there and back cost more (19mil) than the pizza (14mil).  If I took public transportation back to my old location in Laureles it would cost me about 6mil each way for 2 buses and the metro.

I checked my MBE account and it appears my belt has been sitting there for a while waiting for a receipt.  I sent them my shipping confirmation.

Teresa and I left the apt about 5:30 for Exito.  After shopping for about an hour I told Teresa I was hungry so we stopped at Qbano (hot sandwiches) where we shared a large sandwich combo for 29,200 (about $10).

We resumed shopping and left about 7:30.  We each picked up new workout outfits and I also picked up a large bag of granola.
We were back at the apt just before 8pm.

I completed Chapter 12 – The Isolated Queen’s Pawn and Its Descendants in My System.  This chapter made more sense to me than the previous.


T-shirt of the day: My wife says I don’t listen … I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment