Friday, March 3, 2017

Thursday, March 2, 2017

I woke up at 7am and got up at 8am.

After a breakfast of French toast I left the apt and was at the paper store by 9am.  I had another Informed Consent form from my USB drive printed for MT.  I understand I’m going to pay her fees and she’s going to repay me.

I stopped in Citibank but the ATM machine wasn’t working and it said to try again later.

Back at the apt I gave MT her form, the ladies left for the gym, and I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show.

I left and stopped at Citibank but after waiting in line for 5 minutes I found it still wasn’t working.  I went to Banco de Bogota and after a 5-10 minute wait I finally was able to withdraw some cash.  I stopped in $efecty where I stood in line again for 5-10 minutes before paying my 121,000 Direct TV bill for March.  I went to Todo Drogas where I picked up my Duodart medicine for 116,500.  The one I just started will run out just before the end of March.  They didn’t have the Isoklon sleeping pills but was told to come back later in the afternoon.  I only have enough pills for a couple more nights so I have to return soon.

One of my readers informed me that “repuesto” means “spare or replacement parts” in English.

I keep checking online but El Viejo y El Pancake still hasn’t reopened.

After lunch I went back to Todo Drogas where I picked up my 2 boxes of Isoklon sleeping pills for 137mil.

MT came over and I had the feeling we would all be going to Laura’s teeth cleaning appointment.  When the time came – 4:15 – Teresa asked me to go with her alone.

We quickly caught a taxi but the driver didn’t know any way to get to El Tesoro without going up Calle 10 so it took a lot longer to get there and we arrived 5 minutes late.  (On the way I confirmed that the hotel I stayed at on my initial visit in 2012, the Plaza Rosa, has now been turned in to an Executive Center.)  We still had to wait a few minutes for him to finish with his existing patient.  Dr. Rendon gave his patient a couple x-rays and he ducked behind the door while they were taken.  I asked him if this door was strong enough to shield him and he said the door AND the walls contain lead in order to contain the x-rays.

After Laura was finished with her teeth cleaning I paid the 155,000 pesos and we waited in line for about 15 minutes for a taxi.  The driver dropped her off at San Fernando Plaza – something about “working”, “helping a friend” and “reviewing something”.  The driver spoke some English and we had a nice conversation back to the apt.

Laura’s appointment with the oral surgeon –  Andres del Valle at 314 18 71 - is next Wednesday at 10am at a location near Aguacatala.  I guess we have to call to get the address.

I finished reading Chapter 11 – The Doubled Pawn and Restraint in My System.  I read it but I don’t claim to understand it.  I hope Chess Praxis will clarify things.


T-shirt of the day: If you see someone crying, ask if it’s because of their haircut.

No comments:

Post a Comment