Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

I woke/got up at 7:45am.

Teresa left at 9am for the gym.  I told her to be careful going every day; I’m just going M/W/F.

I watched the first 30 minutes of the Today show.

It was a very overcast morning so I didn’t know whether to take my umbrella or my sunglasses so I took both.

I left the apt. at 10:30.  I tried adding 50,000 pesos to the cell phone at a small “kiosk” next to the corner store but I understood something wasn’t working so I told her I would go to another place.  Across the street I saw the Gana store had a line so I stopped at a kiosk where I had recharged my cell phone before, only I knew I wasn’t going to get a receipt.  I watched him enter my cell phone number and the amount and he seemed to have some confusion entering the right number.  I said 1 “5” and 4 “0”s and his friend and I were laughing.  I saw a green checkmark so I think everything was okay.

I walked to the bus stop and after waiting 10 minutes for a metro bus I decided I would only give him 5 more minutes.  It arrived at the 4 minute mark.

I took the metro to San Antonio and transferred to the west line and got off at the Stadium station.  I walked over to the old El Viejo y El Pancake location and saw a sign that said they moved and are now serving breakfast and lunch with the address of their new location.  At this point it was 11:30 and I couldn’t decide whether to try to get to the barber shop before noon (when I assumed the barber would go to lunch) or take a chance that El Viejo y El Pancake might actually be open.  I walked over to the ne restaurant and I easily found their new location across the street from Piccolo’s (pizza).  They are a short block from the station so they actually aren’t any further than where they were before except you have to cross 2 busy streets.  It’s just what I would call a garage restaurant with their kitchen in the back half and tables and chairs will be in the front half and outside.

I walked down Avenida 70 expecting to find Mondongo’s where I knew I could get a decent lunch.  When I got to San Juan (Calle 44) I decided to turn around.  (Back at the apt I saw that Mondongo’s is at Carrera 70 #C3-43 so I have no idea where that is Calle wise.)  At Piccolo’s I had an individual vegetarian pizza and 2 Cokes for 42,000 pesos including tip and tax (about $15).  I could see the owners working on EVyEP across the street.  I could see their Postobon cooler had been delivered but it had yet to be filled with drinks.

I left just after noon and walked over to the chess league office in the stadium area.  I saw they just had a 7-round chess tournament last Thursday thru Sunday.  I’m beginning to get the idea that their tournaments are usually at the end of the month.

I walked over to The Town Barber Shop where I got a good haircut, maybe my best ever there, from Luis for 10,000 pesos (about $3.50).

I walked to the Floresta station where I caught the metro back to San Antonio and then a local back to Envigado.  I didn’t see Herman at the orange juice stand so I didn’t stop.  Some drops of rain fell down that helped to cool me off a bit, but I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be playing chess in this weather so I didn’t stop to check if there was anyone playing at the little store.  After a couple blocks it started raining harder so I put up my umbrella.  I was back at the apt by 3pm.

I received an email from MBE in Miami that they received a package containing REPUESTO (whatever that means) that arrived without an invoice.  It must be the belt I ordered so I emailed them my shipping receipt.

I received an email that my Trip Advisor review for Classic Diner was published.

Teresa returned at 3:40 and she confirmed that 50mil had been added to our cell phone minutes.

We watched Frozen Ground (6.4) on Netflix.

Tonight I started my new prostate medicine which still contains the 0.4mg Tamsulosin (for relaxing muscles in the prostate and bladder) I had been taking plus now the new 0.5mg of Dutasteride for reducing the size of the prostate and reducing enlarged prostate symptoms.  We’ll see how that goes.


T-shirt of the day: I told myself that I should stop drinking.  But I’m not about to listen to a drunk that talks to himself.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry,

    'Repuesto' can mean 'spare part or replacement part', in english.

    OK — HTH

    Paul M.
    ==

    ReplyDelete