Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am.  Well, we obviously received a little rain overnight and it’s still very overcast so I understand we’re not going to Santafe today.

Teresa said we would go to Euro after lunch.  She then left for the gym.

I received a reply from Shedrain.  They said they packed the wrong color (black) umbrella so they will be sending me the correct one (red).

I received an email from Jaime Colorado asking if I would be joining him for chess at the theatre this afternoon.  I told him I was sorry but it’s just too far away from Envigado.

We were last at Euro about 10 days ago when I bought a bunch of very green bananas.  Last week I put one of them in a brown paper bag to ripen quicker.  Finally, this morning the bunch has turned yellow but the one I put in a paper bag is now only yellowish green.

I received an email from the MBE office in Medellin.  They received a package without a stated value.  I’m pretty sure it’s the Fossil belt I ordered but I’m surprised they let it get that far without a value.

Teresa came back and after lunch she informed me she was too sore to go to Euro today so we’ll go tomorrow.  I reminded her I’m busy Wednesday and Thursday and she told me she’d go alone.
1:06pm and I heard a single peal of thunder.

I received a reply from Jaime Colorado.  Something about he’ll let me know when he’s in town for some store and we can get together and play.

1:11pm and now there are more frequent peals of thunder.
1:57 a little rain started but it never developed into much.
One gringo on Expat Exchange wrote that Servibanca’s ATM fee is going up to 40,000 pesos.  I hope not; I just paid 12,000 last Friday and I might need it as a backup to Citibank.

I received an email from TripAdvisor that my Pizza Americana review has been published.  I’m now a Level 5 Contributor and a Restaurant Expert Level 13 with a total of 6,283 points.  (I know, that and 500 pesos will buy me a tinto.  Lol.)

Teresa wanted to play dominoes because we hadn’t played in a while.  I said let’s play for 1,000 pesos a game.  I killed her winning 7 games and losing 2.

I told Teresa I was hungry and just then MT arrived.  For the first time Teresa made me a pancake topped with bananas.  Delicious!

I finished Chapter 14 – Maneuvering in My System.  That was the last real chapter.  What follows are a few articles he published years ago.  Next up is his book Chess Praxis.  We’ll see if that clarifies a few things.

Throughout most of the evening there was a light but steady rain.

T-shirt of the day: What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.  Except for bears.  Bears will kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment