Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Monday, April 10, 2017

I went to bed last night at 11pm, fell asleep pretty quickly, woke up once during the night, finally waking at 7am and getting up at 8am.

After watching the first 20 minutes of the Today show I left for the gym.  It seemed much more crowded than usual at that hour.  (Later Teresa told me it’s probably because a lot of people are on vacation for holy week.)  At one point I picked up my little notebook and my pen fell out, hit the floor and bounced under the machine.  I tried to feel for it underneath but all I got was a lot of dust.  I left after 2 hours only missing the high pulley back.

After lunch Teresa and I left the apt, walked a couple blocks where we caught a taxi.  We arrived at Tecnoquimica at 1:40 only to find it closed (and our taxi had already left).  Teresa talked to a security guard and I understand they are closed for holy week.

We walked a long block where we quickly caught another taxi to the Euro market in Mayorista.  It’s amazing how many cute young girls are working here – by working I mean stocking shelves or merely standing in an aisle waiting for a customer to ask for help.

When we walked outside I saw what I thought was a cash car (effectivo) to take us and our groceries back to the apt.  I knew I was mistaken when 2 men got out – one with a shotgun and the other with a pistol.  They just smiled at the dumb gringo.  It was a cash car – just not the type I thought.

We were back at our apt with all our groceries by 4pm.

I received an email from Medellin Living that their next gringo meet-up will be Thursday, April 20th.

Teresa left the apt with her mother at 4:45 for her 5pm fitness lesson and came back at 7pm.

I did an analysis on one of my tournament games and instead of showing all my moves to the end Shredder stopped about 10 moves short and ended it with “***”.  I wonder what that’s supposed to mean.

We moved the chess table out of the utility room to the dining room in preparation for Jose Cruz’s visit tomorrow.


T-shirt of the day: I make beer disappear.  What’s your superpower?

No comments:

Post a Comment