Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Monday, April 3, 2017

Wow!  Last night I fell asleep quickly (due to outdoors/exercise?) and didn’t wake up until almost 7am (because I didn’t drink any liquids last night before going to bed?).

It’s another mostly sunny day.

I watched the first part of the Today show and left for the gym at 9:25.  While walking across Avenida Poblado I saw they had finished a section of the new roadway and it even was painted with lane stripes.  Walking through the park I didn’t see anyone playing chess.

At the gym I did my 2 hour workout.  I saw a couple ladies from Comfama had finally made the transfer to this gym.  One of them was that cute (baby face) petite (under 5’) young lady with the nice figure.  Jeison was showing her how to use the new treadmill.  A young man had asked to share one of my machines.  After he told me he’s learning English and he asked me the word in English for “compartir” and I said “to share” he told me his name is Andres.  In the locker room I said goodbye to Oscar and he said “see you tomorrow”.  I said “no, I’ll see you Wednesday.”  He said, “But today is Monday.”  I said “I know I’m not working out every day!”  We had a good laugh over that.

I saw one chess game in progress as I walked through the park.  At Avenida Poblado they had rerouted the 3 lanes of traffic onto the 2 new lanes so they could do some work on the old roadway.

I received an email that MBE in Miami has received my “tea bags” shipment without a value so I emailed them my shipping receipt.
I took a nap from 2:20 to 3:20 and surprisingly fell asleep very quickly.

I’m trying to get a handle on the maximum withdrawals and  ATM fees for each of the banks so I stopped in at Banco de Occidente but they didn’t have an ATM machine.  I stopped at Servibanca and made a withdrawal.  Then I waited in line for a few minutes at $efecty and paid the utility bill.  Then I waited in line at Bancolombia for about 10 minutes to use their automatic deposit machine.  On the way back to the apt I saw a man selling those “sailing ships in a bottle”.  I also saw a woman ahead of me with a TEL Teaching English Language t-shirt.  I started talking to her and learned her name is Mary and she teaches English to children.

Back at the apt I informed Teresa that I deposited 200,000 pesos (49,900 pp x 4 = 199,600) into Laura’s account.  Teresa told me that wasn’t the correct amount; something about having to pay 80,000 pesos per person for 3 months and something else about her mother paying less “because she was after us”.  I’m confused and I don’t think Teresa is sure about what she’s saying either so we’re going to have Jose interpret at the gym on Wednesday.

I received an email from the US Embassy in Bogota recommending that US citizens aged 1-60 get a yellow fever vaccination because of problems in Brazil but they specifically excluded 3 cities including Medellin.

I watched Cell (4.3) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: I prefer not to think before speaking.  I like being just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment