Sunday, April 9, 2017

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Last night I went to bed at 11:45, quickly fell asleep but woke up just before 6am.  It took a while to get back to sleep and I finally woke/got up at 8am.

Today is a very overcast day but it looks like it will probably clear later.

Teresa is taking her mother for another doctor’s appointment at 11:30 so I’m on my own for lunch.

I’m making plans to play Jose here in Envigado on Tuesday, and I’ll meet him after his morning tournament game on Thursday and we’ll go for lunch somewhere near the stadium.

I left the apt at 10:45.  At MBE I was given my April Chess Life magazine and a letter from Sears Holdings containing my Annual Funding Notice along with a notification they are splitting the pension plan into two separate plans – Plan 1 and Plan 2 (is that like Thing 1 and Thing 2?) and I belong to the latter.  I also talked to Nobraska about my problems getting my emailed shipping receipts accepted in Miami and she either checked something online or did something but she reported that my packages should now arrive on Monday the 17th.  She also gave me Victoria’s email address should I have problems in the future.  While I was waiting a young man was opening three small packages he received.  I’m not sure what they were but on the outside of the packages I’m sure I saw “Walking Dead”.

I walked up to Carrera 35 looking for 1 of 3 restaurants but for some reason I couldn’t find any of them.  It’s possible I may have walked past one or more of them and couldn’t see their sign.
I was getting hungry so I stopped at Ay Caramba in Parque Lleras where I had an “Ay Caramba” sandwich with fries and coconut lemonade for 27,860 (about $10).  They had a soccer game from the German league on TV and I think a couple of young Germans were watching it.  I started leafing through my Chess Life while waiting for my food.

I walked to Citibank and withdrew some cash and then continued on to Cava de Quesos outside Oviedo where I bought a package of apple cinnamon bagels for 7,900.  I waited about 10 minutes for a bus that took me back to Envigado.

While walking past Exito I ran into Laura who went with me to $efecty where I paid 2 months of the Direct TV bill.  (I had noticed that it seemed I was missing a receipt.)

Back at the apt I found this month’s Une (wifi) bill.

I had Shredder analyze more of my games.  One of my problems is the comments are often in German.  For example, “Holt die Kuh nicht vom Eis” which when I run through google translate means “Do not get the cow from the ice” which after consulting google it apparently means “Did not solve a difficult situation.”

We had a thunder storm come through from about 3:30 to 5:30 while Teresa and I were taking a nap.

The Colombian Peso closed at 2,858 to the US Dollar.

We watched Beautiful & Twisted (5.6) on Netflix.


T-shirt of the day: It was a sad day when I discovered my Universal Remote Control did not, in fact, control the Universe.  (Not even remotely.)

No comments:

Post a Comment