Friday, April 21, 2017

Thursday, April 20, 2017

7 more days!

Well, Donald Trump has now been president for 90 days.  So what do you think – is he keeping his campaign promises?  “Don’t worry; things are going to be great!”

See my post tomorrow – Donald Trump’s policy reversals, courtesy of The New York Times.

Another overcast morning.  I watched the first 20 minutes of the Today show.  I was set to take my small umbrella but just as I was about to leave it started raining so I switched to my large umbrella.  I waited under the front door overhang of the apartment building for 10 minutes for a bus.  I was the only one on the bus and the driver asked me where I’m going and I said Metro Envigado.  Not sure where else he would be going.

When I got off the metro at the Poblado station there was no rain and the ground wasn’t even wet.  I quickly caught a taxi and the driver took me to Tecnoquimicas for the 5mil minimum fare.  It was raining slightly as I got out of the taxi.  I saw people inside the office although the door was locked.  The receptionist signaled me to wait a minute.  Ten minutes later an inside guard unlocked the door and a group of 7 left.  I went in and showed her my note that I was there for sleeping pill refills.  She asked me to sit down and 10 minutes later she handed me 7 new boxes of Isoklon sleeping pills.
I walked back to the main street and immediately caught a taxi back to Poblado station for another 5,000 pesos.  On my train car I noticed a blind couple sitting next to each other holding hands. 
When I got off the metro at the Envigado station it was only raining slightly.  I quickly was on a bus back to the park.  At Teresa’s recommendation I stopped at La Abuela Isabela bakery and bought a small cake for Jose and I to share later.  The salesgirl told me it’s called “whiskey” so I decided to give it a try.  It cost me 5,500 pesos (about $2).  On my way back to the apt I ran into Teresa and MT on their way to the gym.

I was back at the apt almost exactly 2 hours after I left.

Teresa was back by 1:15 to make me lunch.

I received an email from Jose that he’s not coming today because of all the rain they’ve had in his area.

I received an email from Trip Advisor that my reviews for Opera Pizza, Black Pepper, and Piccolos Pizza have been published.
I took a nap from 2:30 to 3:30.

At 4:30 Teresa and MT went to La Abuela Isabela for coffee.
I ate half of the cake and later offered the other half to Laura.
Wow, I did a Rosetta Stone lesson for the first time in almost a year.  I received a score of 96% so I guess I’m ready to continue the lessons.

I watched Boyhood (7.9), a movie Teresa showed no interest in, on Netflix.

Teresa informed me that she talked to Jose and he’s coming tomorrow.


T-shirt of the day: Dear life, would you at least start using lubricant?

No comments:

Post a Comment