Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Last night I went to bed without taking a sleeping pill and had difficulty getting to sleep so I finally got up and took one and soon was asleep.

I woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7am.

Laura left at 7:15 for some job interview.

I met Jose Cruz at Bartolos bar in Parque Envigado at 9:30.  We had coffee and I mentioned the problem with MT’s Social Security and he said she should be able to take care of that in Bancolombia.  We went to the apt where we played 7 games of 30-minute chess.  He uses the same opening for black and white: fianchettoing both bishops, moving his center pawns forward one square and then moving his knights to the square in front of his king and queen (not necessarily in that order).  I won 6 games, lost 2 and there was 1 draw.  At intermission, Teresa made us a delicious lunch of frijoles, chicken breast with pineapple sauce, a pineapple, coconut and lettuce salad, a slice of baked plantain and some sort of mixed berry juice.

Jose left at 5:30 and I went outside with him to show him the quickest way to get to the metro.  A mother was coming up the hill with her 2 young children and they loitered for awhile and then I guessed correctly they were studying English but all I got out of them was “hello”.  Too shy!

I received an email that the soap dish I ordered is waiting in Miami so I forwarded a copy of the shipping details.

MT came over and gave me 80,000 pesos for the gym monthly fee.  Teresa told me that she doesn’t want to return so I told her she needs to cancel with the gym because otherwise they’ll just continue withdrawing the money each month.  Teresa told her about going to Bancolombia and asking to have her Social Security deposited there.

I checked my checking account and the charge from Mobile Recharge has finally fallen off.

Well, I figured out why I see “***” at the end of my Full Analysis in Shredder.  It’s because I have “training mode” turned on and it’s waiting for me to enter the final moves.


T-shirt of the day: Just remember, if we get caught, you’re deaf and I don’t speak English.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry. I'm learning English, are you interested in language exchange?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really. I'm too busy and I'm surrounded by Spanish. Thanks for offering though.

    ReplyDelete