Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

2 more days!

Despite getting up twice during the night I felt I slept well waking/getting up at 7:30am.

It’s a very overcast day looking like it might rain later.

Still no wifi.

Uh-oh, I checked my notes and it appears that El Viejo y El Pancake is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays so I guess we’ll be going somewhere else for lunch today.

I left the apt at 9:15 and immediately caught a bus.  I only had to wait a minute for a metro train and again caught a metro train at San Antonio without any wait.  I arrived at Liga de Ajedrez at 10am.

We played 2 games winning one and losing one.  We had some off and on rain while we were playing.  I gave him the bad news that El Viejo y El Pancake is closed on Tuesdays.  We walked out to 50th street where we caught a taxi to Laureles.  The driver dropped us off at Alicate restaurant behind McDonald’s on Avenida Nutibara.  I thought they would have lasagna on their menu but I guess their lunchtime menu is more limited.  I had chicken breast Italiano and Jose had beef Italiano.  Our plates came with cole slaw and French fries.  I had a Te Hatsu and he had a soda.  The total came to 60,000 pesos or about $11 apiece.

We walked to Mall Laureles where we played 2 more games both of which I won.  We walked to Avenida 80 where we said goodbye and I caught a Circular Sur 302 bus.  Traffic was slow and the bus didn’t move very fast and with all the people it got a little warm inside.  At Aguacatala station I waited about 15 minutes for a train but at least it wasn’t overly crowded.  At Envigado Station I waited on the Metro bus for about 10 minutes for it to fill up.

I got back to the apt at 7pm and found we have our wifi/internet connection back.  I understood the Une guy was here and of course he told Teresa we could get wifi, internet, and a landline phone for less than we pay for Direct TV.  I told her no thanks.  I have over 100 emails to catch up on.

We got some rain in the evening and overnight.

I watched a special about Albert Einstein on History channel.


T-shirt of the day: Sometimes I wake up grumpy.  Other times I let her sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment