Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Last night I took 3 1-mg sleeping pills and went to bed at 10:45.  I was still awake at 1:15 when I looked at my watch.  I fell asleep shortly thereafter and got up at 6:45.  On my 6-foot trip to the bathroom Laura saw me for the first time in my James Rodriguez style underwear.  I thought I saw her avert her head with a smile.  I heard Laura leave at 7am, Teresa got up at 7:15 and I got up at 7:45.

Teresa told me we’ll go to Mayorista after she feeds her mother.  Later she said we’ll go after she gives MT her morning shot.

My cold seems to be much better this morning.  Maybe it was the Hall’s that Chuck gave me yesterday.

Then Teresa tells me we’re going after Laura comes back because she needs to pick up some things at Mayorista also.

Then she tells me that I should have lunch with Laura at Deli Hoy and we’ll go to Mayorista after.

See how quickly things change here?

I received several emails from Alex.  He’s now in the Estadio/Floresta area about 4 blocks from where I usually get my haircut.

Wilson came over to give MT her injection and I guess he talked to the doctor because I understand MT’s biopsy results were good.  That’s good news!

I received an email from Trip Advisor that they published my El Chaparral de la 70 restaurant review.

I met Laura at Deli Hoy at 1pm.  Today was buffet day so you have to pay before you get your food.  They had a different girl today (slim & cute) at the cash register.  She said something to me in Spanish and I didn’t understand so I called Laura over and all she said was something like “help your self to the food”.  I told her not to worry as I’m not really new here.

After lunch Laura and I walked back to the apartment.  Teresa said after she gives her mother her vitamins we’ll leave for Mayorista.
Laura went with us and as they were checking out the food at the cashier I noticed the bagger pull up his pant leg and put some change in a little purse he had attached to his ankle.  Then he did the same thing with the other leg and put a few bills in that purse.  I guess you can’t be too careful here.  When we went outside our effectivo (cash) driver only had one arm.  Laura asked me how he was going to be able to drive.  I checked and the car was stick shift.  Good question.  Lucky for him his right arm was okay allowing him to shift while taking his hand off the wheel for only a second.  We were back at the apt by 3:30.

I understand Colombia plays Peru at 6:30 tonight in a World Cup qualifying match.

I took a nap from 5:30 to 6pm.

Teresa and MT were watching some Kardashian series and we heard a yell outside.  Teresa said “gol” and I said “no, it wasn’t loud enough, it was a near miss”.  About 30 minutes later we heard a loud cheer and I said “now that was a goal”.  Teresa turned to the match and James Rodriguez had just scored a goal for Colombia to make it 1-0.

The match ended 1-1 and the Colombian players on the field were celebrating so I guess a tie was good for them.   And then, outside, the fireworks started.  At least they didn’t last very long.

Teresa tells me that MT is feeling so good that she hopes to move back into her own apartment this Friday.

I took my 2 sleeping pills and we went to bed at 10:45.


Funny bumper stickers: The fact that no one understands you doesn’t mean you’re an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment