Friday, May 4, 2018

Thursday, May 3, 2018


I slept pretty well last night despite getting up 3 times.

Teresa and I left the apt at 9:30 and took a taxi to Mayorista.  First we stopped at El Langastino where she bought a large piece of salmon.  We paid for it and had them keep it for us until after we finished our grocery shopping.  We walked over to Euro and I helped Teresa find some things.  In a center aisle I noticed a display of some hard to find imported items – Welch’s Concord grape jelly, Knotts Berry Farm strawberry preserves, and Vlasic dill pickles.  I bought each of them since I never know when I’ll see them again.  They also had Planter’s Crunchy Peanut Butter but I already had that.  They also had Kraft Cheez Whiz but I took a pass on that.
After paying we loaded all our stuff into an old car.  When we got over the bridge leading to Envigado his car died in traffic.  He couldn’t get it restarted and ended up pushing it across a cross traffic lane and onto a spot under the Avenida Las Vegas bridge.  We flagged down a taxi and transferred our bags to it.  We arrived back at the apt by noon.

Teresa made a nice lunch of chicken fajitas.  Afterward we took a little nap of about an hour.

About 3:30 I left the apt, stopped at the ATM for a withdrawal, deposited the additional 63mil into the R.E. agency’s account, paid the utilities bill at Cotrafa, and picked up my month’s medications at Todo Drogas.  I bought another 100 Centrum +50 tablets and got another 30 tablets free.  Woo hoo!

I passed through the park and past Bartolos on my way to the copy center.  I logged onto their computer to print Laura’s letter from my email account.  I couldn’t figure out how to print and the young girl came over and showed me how.  She just cut and pasted it to a Word document and then printed that.  After paying for that, I stopped at the bakery and edited Laura’s letter.  Walking through the park I saw Chuck at Bartolos with Darnely.  They told me that today is their 6th wedding anniversary.  How romantic, he took her to Bartolos for dinner.

We talked for awhile and about 6pm Darnely went to the church for mass.  It started raining and soon it was pouring.  Willy, the Belgian, then joined us.  About 7:15 the rain stopped and I said goodbye and headed back to the apt.

I showed Laura my changes and we applied some of them to her letter.  I decided it would be better if it wasn’t too polished.  That way it would be cuter and wouldn’t misrepresent how good (or poor) her English is.

It started raining again at 8:30.  Well, we are entering the rainy season of May, 2nd only to October.

I made myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner.  I told Laura that lots of American children eat this for lunch.  She didn’t want to try it because she had just brushed her teeth but Teresa tried it and proclaimed it delicious so I have at least one convert.  I’ll start using the jelly on my toast and muffins in the morning.

T-shirt of the day: Go where you feel most alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment