Friday, September 21, 2018

Thursday, September 20, 2018


I got up twice during the night, finally waking at 6:15 and getting up at 6:45.

Teresa left at 7:15 for her exercise class at the gym.

I received an email that MT’s air floss order has been delivered in Florida.

I watched the first 45 minutes of the Today show, changed into my shorts and sleeveless t-shirt and headed out the door.  I took the metro to Rosales station where I checked out a bicycle.  I rode to the Stadium then continued west and then a little south to Parque Laureles #1.  I checked in the bicycle than had lunch at La Pampa – burgers & ribs.  I had their Classic burger, steak fries and a coconut lemonade for 37,800 (about $12.50).  (Long before this I realized I forgot my hat and my cellphone.  It’s boring without your cellphone but it forced me to think and I made a list of things I wanted to do later.)  When I returned to the park I was surprised to find there weren’t any bicycles available.  I walked over to Parque Laureles #2 where I found several bicycles available.  I checked one out and then returned to the Rosales station and from there the metro back to Envigado.

When I returned to the apt I was hot and very tired.  I took a shower to cool off and then napped for almost an hour.

I added additional chess puzzles that I had missed to my database.

When Teresa returned about 6pm from MT’s house she said she wanted to go for pizza.  Laura joined us and we went to our usual place Pizza Antica.  I understand Teresa knows the owner’s wife Gloria.  Tonight I learned that she isn’t married to him yet, they are getting married on October 10th.  I believe she also talked to Teresa about some lipo procedure she got in Mayorca for 2,500,000 pesos.  I told Teresa to forget about it because I don’t have $800.  
She says she’s going to do pay for it herself.  I know for a while I was giving her 500,000 pesos a month for “her things” and I have no idea how much she’s saved.  To be continued, probably.

Back at the apt I watched some Thursday night football except from 8-9pm when Teresa watched her new amateur musical program – Yo Me Llamo (I Call Myself…).

Another indication that the world is truly coming to an end…first the Chicago Cubs win a World Series then the Cleveland Browns win a football game.  Final, Cleveland Browns 21 New York Jets 17.

Today’s Step Count was 10,056.

Joke of the day
JEWISH STAND UP COMEDY JOKES
Someone stole all my credit cards but I won't be reporting it. The thief spends
less than my wife did.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Terry.

    Today I finally finished reading your entire blog. From beginning to end. I just went back and found where I first made a comment. Which was:


    January 29, 2018 at 7:55 PM

    Hi Terry. I read a couple of your latest posts, then started at the very beginning, March 2013. I am enjoying your blog immensely. I plan to visit Medellin for a couple weeks around October, with an eye toward more extended stays in the future. So it's research time and your blog has my attention now. Question, on the ExPat site they said wearing short pants in Medellin is a cultural faux pas. How do you feel about that? Personally, anytime it's above 60 degrees, I am much more comfortable in short sleeves and shorts.

    Thanks,

    ds
    Atlanta, Ga

    So it took me from late January until now to get through them all. Sometimes I think I know more about you than I do myself. Lol!

    Anyhow, I am now sitting in my Airbnb just south of Mall de Laureles, on my last day of a two week vacation in Medellin, and heading for Rio Negro this evening to catch a flight back home. It's been a fun and enlightening two weeks, highlighted by a visit and lunch with you. I just wanted to thank you again for all the information I've gleaned from your blog and all the help it was in preparation for my trip. After reading all this info, I almost felt like I was returning to Laureles rather than arriving for the first time.

    Again Isabel and I want to thank you for taking the time to come visit us and welcome us to Medellin. I wish you well and hope to see you again.

    ds
    Atlanta, Ga

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to meet you both and I hope you have a safe flight back and return some day soon.

      Let me know and we'll do lunch again or just sit around and drink coffee. The only problem is that by then you may have read all my jokes!

      Go Bears!

      Delete