Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Tuesday, October 16, 2018


I got up once during the night, a second time at 6am, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Dressed in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt I left the apt at 8:45am for my meeting with Jose.

I arrived at the chess league at 9:45 and Jose was already there.  He talked briefly with the secretary and I understand there will be another chess tournament in December.  I hope it’s for ratings under 2000.

I had White in the first game and I played the Kings Indian Attack and I soon had him in trouble and I should have won a piece on the 12th move but I missed it and again he won.  During the game a few dozen boys with a couple men showed up and the boys were very interested in us and what we were doing, enough that one of the men actually took a picture of the gringos.

We went for lunch at Obispo mall but our usual restaurant – Tropical – was undergoing renovations so we got the menu of the day for 10,000 pesos from a smaller restaurant inside the mall.
As we were leaving there was a very light drizzle.  We returned to the chess league and during the next game a thunderstorm came through.  It actually felt cold sitting there in my shorts and t-shirt with little movement.  A couple old men showed up and played near us and one had the irritating habit of tapping a chess piece on the table as they played speed chess.  I had the Black pieces and again had a good attack going but he beat me in 44 moves.  We talked about trying to find a chess club that we could meet at, hopefully something more equidistant for both of us.

There was still a light drizzle as we walked to the metro.  We made plans to meet again next Tuesday.

I took the metro and metro bus back to Envigado.  I stopped in the copy center where I had a document printed, I signed it and scanned it back to the USB drive for 6mil.  Now I know it works if I can’t find my other one.

When I got back to the apt Teresa informed me that the leak in my sink is fixed but we shouldn’t use the oven at all now.  (Now what do I do with my container of garlic spread?)

Teresa and I decided to make a trip to the mall.  It wasn’t nearly as busy as on the weekend.  Teresa found a pair of Nike shoes for the gym for 369,950 pesos and a pair of exercise gloves for 44,100 pesos.  We had dinner at Parmessano, chicken and pasta for me and salmon for her for 74,952 including tax and tip.

Back at the apt I had a conversation with Laura.  She is interested in two families – the one with the 2 men and 3 month old baby in Seattle and the couple with the 2 young girls in Massachusetts.  Since she couldn’t make up her mind which one she wanted I suggested she accept the first one that gives her a solid offer.  The way she equivocated told me she’s more interested in Seattle.  I think she’s going to get an offer very soon, maybe even tomorrow.

Joke of the day
What women want in a man at age 22:
·         Handsome
·         A caring listener
·         Charming
·         Dresses with style
·         Full of thoughtful surprises
·         Financially successful
·         Witty
·         In good shape
·         An imaginative, romantic lover
·         Appreciates finer things
What women want in a man at age 32:
·         Has enough money for a nice dinner
·         Nice looking (preferably with hair)
·         Carries bags of groceries with ease
·         Opens car doors, holds chairs
·         Seeks romance at least once a week
·         Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
·         Listens more than talks
·         Laughs at my jokes
·         Owns at least one tie
·         Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
What women want in a man at age 42:
·         Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
·         Nods head when I'm talking
·         Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
·         Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
·         Not too ugly (bald head is fine)
·         Shaves most weekends
·         Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
·         Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
·         Knows not to buy wine with screw-top lids
·         Remembers to put the toilet seat down
What women want in a man at age 52:
·         Appreciates a good TV dinner
·         Remembers your name on occasion
·         Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
·         Doesn't nod off to sleep when I'm complaining
·         Doesn't borrow money too often
·         Doesn't belch or scratch in public
·         Doesn't re-tell the same joke too many times
·         Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
·         Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends
·         Shaves some weekends
What women want in a man at age 62:
·         Remembers that it's the weekend
·         Doesn't scare small children
·         Likes soft foods
·         Only snores lightly when asleep
·         Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
·         Remembers where bathroom is
·         Remembers why he's laughing
·         Doesn't require much money for upkeep
·         Usually wears some clothes
·         Remembers where he left his teeth
What women want in a man at age 72:
·         Doesn't miss the toilet
·         Breathing

No comments:

Post a Comment