Saturday, November 24, 2018

Friday, November 23, 2018


I got up once during the night and was awakened at 6am by Teresa.  Teresa made me some hot lemonade for my cold and we left the apt at 6:25.

I picked up a free Gente newspaper at the guard’s shack.

Traffic was pretty heavy for so early in the morning but we arrived at CediMed on Calle 7 in Medellin at 6:45.

We first went up to the 3rd floor waiting room.  I “read” articles in Gente (Envigado edition) about: Christmas lights being turned on today; EnCicla arrived in Envigado showing all their local stations; how much money is required to finish Envigado’s Metro Plus.

At 7:30 I paid the cashier 97mil.

At 8am Teresa went in for what I think was a blood draw.

At 9am we went up to the 13th floor.  I noticed a door with the universal nuclear sign on it.  I think this area is for some type of radiation therapy.  I paid 371mil to the cashier here.

At 10am we went across the street where we had breakfast at the little Boulevard outdoor restaurant for 29,500 pesos.

A woman soon arrived with another man and sat at a table near us.  I heard her speaking in English about her being shown an apt for 500 million pesos and she put in an offer for 250 million and it was accepted.  I asked her where she was from – Wheeling, Illinois.  Small world!  She’s Colombian but has been working in the States for the last 40 years.

At noon we returned to CediMed.  Teresa went up to the 13th floor while I waited for her in the waiting room on the 3rd floor.

Chuck called me and told me that today in Envigado there will be a parade starting at 5pm and they will turn the lights on at 6pm.  I told him I didn’t know if I would be able to make it.

Teresa came back at 12:45.

We went down to the first floor and waited a few minutes for Teresa to talk to someone.

At 1pm we went across the street where we had lunch at Il Capuccino for 38mil.

If you haven’t guessed by now Teresa has breast cancer and we’re trying to be aggressive in treating it as quickly and thoroughly as possible.  This all started a few weeks ago when she found a little blood on her bra from her nipple.  Luckily, it appears to be localized in one breast and hasn’t spread to any other location.  She has no pain or other discomfort so that’s good also.  We could use our insurance but they would write her an order to go to one place and then a week later they would send us another place and this could go on for months even though each order and appointment would probably only cost 2mil.

Teresa told me that we have to return tomorrow to pick up the test results unless we she can get someone to deliver them to us.

We took a nap from 2 to 3pm.

Among new US movie releases I would like to see Robin Hood (6.2) and Green Book (8.0).

Locally, First Man (7.7) is playing at 4:20, 7:10 and 10pm; Bohemian Rhapsody is playing at 3pm, 5:30, 6:20 and 9:10.  From now all movies I list are at Viva Envigado unless I specify otherwise.

Across the street workers dug a hole and planted a new tree.  That whole side has a number of individual bushes with one other obvious bare spot with a stake in it.  They then dug up that spot and planted a tree there also.

I received emails from Envios Market that I have documents and a package waiting for pickup.  We were just there; just a few blocks away.  Oh well, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

At 5:30 it started raining lightly.

I called my son and explained everything and he understood that I won’t sending him a check for awhile.

Joke of the day
Teacher asks the kids in her 3rd grade class: "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

Little Johnny says: "I wanna be a billionaire, go to the most expensive clubs, find me the finest whore, give her a Ferrari worth over a million bucks, an apartment in Copacabana, a mansion in Paris, a jet to travel throughout Europe, and an Infinite Visa Card, while banging her three times a day".

The teacher, shocked, and not knowing what to do with this horrible response from little Johnny, decides not to acknowledge what he said and simply tries to continue with the lesson . . . .

"And how about you, Sarah?"

"I wanna be Johnny's whore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment