Monday, November 12, 2018

Sunday, November 11, 2018


Today is the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I!

Last night we went to bed at 10:30, I got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

After a breakfast of pancakes and coffee, I got dressed and Laura and I left the apt at 9am.  Laura guided me the back way and she made a slight course correction and we ended up on Avenida Poblado on the north side of Otra Parte.

I thought we were going to take a bus but maybe because it was Ciclovia Laura stopped a taxi.  We got out at San Diego mall and we got into an “effectivo” car which we shared with 2 others for 15mil apiece.  We were at the airport by 10:10.  We went to the national departures area and I thought Laura was going to ask where to check bags (even though all she had was a carry-on) because we still had 2 hours before her flight but she said goodbye and entered the TSA area.

I went upstairs and had a café con leche at J&C Delicias.  I started talking to 2 young ladies (Lucy & I forget) from Los Angeles that were sharing a lunch at the next table.  I soon joined them at their table and gave them some tips as to where to visit.

Outside I entered the bus going to San Diego mall.  We waited approximately 15 minutes for the bus to fill up before we left.  I talked briefly with a couple young ladies from Canada.

I walked through the mall and across the street where I was soon on a Sabaneta bus.  Because of Ciclovia the driver took lots of side streets finally ending up going south on Avenida Las Vegas.  
Happily he turned up the hill at McDonald’s and I got out just a block away from the apt.

I was back at the apt by 12:15.

I had a couple glasses of Coke and ate about ¼ # of salted in the shell peanuts.

My Chicago Bears defeated the Detroit lions 34-22 increasing their season record to 6-3.  The big game will be next Sunday night against the 5-3-1 Minnesota Vikings who are currently in 2nd place and on their off week.

Teresa wanted to go to church tonight.  I think she feels she dodged a bullet and wanted to thank God for that.
We left the apt at 6:40 and arrived at San Carlos church at 6:50.  I think Teresa thought mass starts at 8pm because there were only a handful of people inside.  People driften in and by 7pm there was a respectful crowd.  Mass only lasted 30 minutes.  After, Teresa ran into a woman she knew so we invited her to join us next door at Despues la Mesa (After Mass) where we each had an empanada and café con leche.

Another mass started at 8pm.  About 8:20 Teresa suggested I return to the apt because I was just sitting there and not understanding anything.

I stopped at Exito and bought arepas and milk; I wonder if Teresa will remember and do the same.

Joke of the day
In the Amazon rain forest, three explorers were walking. One was Irish, another English, and the last American. Soon, they came across a tribe, and the leader of the tribe told them that if they wanted to pass through this territory, they had to pass the three caves test. The explorers agreed and asked what the three cave test was.

The leader of the tribe took them to the caves, where he said, "Inside the first, there are three bottles of rum, each 100 years old and said to be toxic. You have to drink one each. In the second is a lion with a thorn in his foot. You must remove the thorn. In the third is a woman who has never been satisfied, and she must be satisfied."

The three men were hesitant but could not back out, so the American went into the first cave, drank the bottle, and died soon afterward. The Englishman was second. He went into the first cave, drank the bottle, then went into the second cave. There was a lot of commotion and roaring. No one emerged from the cave.

Lastly, the Irish man went into the first cave and drank the bottle. He went into the second cave. At first, there was a lot of commotion, and then there was a soft purring sound. Then he entered the last cave. Two minutes later, he came out puzzled and asked, "Where's the thorn in the woman's foot?"

2 comments:

  1. Please, ask Laura to watch this documentary about au pairs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ZH7FpuGwg

    ReplyDelete
  2. prayer all works out well for Teresa

    ReplyDelete