Monday, November 19, 2018

Sunday, November 18, 2018

We went to bed at 10:15, I got up 4 times during the night, finally waking at 7:15 and getting up at 8am.

I found the 3 meters of ethernet cable I bought a few years ago.  It looks like it might just stretch from the router, which is now on the other side of the room, to my computer.  To be continued.
I took a nap from 10:30 to 11:30.

We took some boxes and suitcases down to our storage room in the parking area.  On the way I found that the sole on my sandal is coming apart.  I’ll have to drop that off at the place near our old apartment for repair.  Some day Teresa is going to have to take everything out and reorganize the room.

After lunch I camped out on the couch to watch NFL football while Laura and Teresa went downstairs to reorganize the storage closet.  Before they left Laura asked me why I get to lay on the couch while she has to work on cleaning out the closet.  I said because I pay the rent and I pay for the food you eat.  That shut her up.

There are workers outside putting Christmas lights on the fence.

Yikes!  QB Alex Smith of the Washington Redskins just broke his leg (tibia and fibula) being sacked.  It looked pretty gruesome.

Laura is now bringing up Christmas decorations.

I watched NFL football most of the afternoon.

The Bears game starts about 8:20pm.  I don’t mind waiting until 7:20 but that extra hour because of the time change is a little too much.

I had a couple pancakes with bananas and syrup for dinner then settled down for the big game.  The Bears are 6-3 and right behind them (1/2 a game) are the Vikings at 5-3-1 so this is a pretty important game.  Both teams appear to be close to full strength so this will be a good test of the Bears contual improvement.

At halftime the Bears were up 14-0.  You would think it was due to 2 touchdowns and 2 extra points but it was 1 touchdown, 2-point conversion and 2 field goals.  Yes, Parkey hit 2 field goals and this time he didn’t boink them off the uprights, they were right down the middle.

In the 4th quarter the Bears scored another touchdown plus another 2-point conversion.

The final was Bears 25, Vikings 20 in a close one at the end.

I took my sleeping pill and went to bed.

Go Bears!

Joke of the day
IDIOT SIGHTING #4
My daughter went to a Mexican takeaway and ordered a taco.
She asked the person behind the counter for 'minimal lettuce.'
He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment