Saturday, February 1, 2020

Friday, January 31, 2020


Last night I took a Zopiclona with 2 Trazadona, went to bed at 10:45pm, fell asleep quickly, got up 4 times during the night, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am.

I understand the priority now is for Teresa to get the finca contract together and have it signed by the new tenants.  Now she is waiting on Esmeralda for advice on the contract.


I got my new laptop setup with Windows 10 and I’m now learning more about the hardware and software.

After breakfast Jim and I walked back to Alpha where I bought my 4 bottles of nutritional supplements, 3 for me and 1 for Teresa.  While there, Jim asked the saleslady what they recommend for sleep problems and she said, “stop drinking coffee”.  Yikes! In the land of coffee I’m supposed to give it up?  Well, I’ll try it for a month to see what happens but I think my enlarged prostate might be a bigger contributor to my sleep problems.

We stopped at Parva on the way back and I had a mango juice.  Sad!

After lunch we took a taxi to the south bus terminal where we quickly were on a bus to El Retiro, a small town about an hour and 15 minutes (without using the tunnel) from Medellin.  It’s a cool little town, literally, as the temperature was in the 70s rather than the 80s.  There is a little town square where you can buy such things as hot, homemade potato chips.  We had a late lunch in one of their restaurants then enjoyed the cool breeze in the town square.  Later we went to a small café where I had my only café con leche of the day.

We returned by the same bus to Medellin, got off at San Diego mall, and returned by taxi to the apt.

8,078 steps today.

Joke of the day
One day, Pete complained to his friend, "My head really hurts. I guess I should see a doctor." His friend said, "Don't do that. There's a computer at the drug store that can diagnose anything quicker and cheaper than a doctor. Simply tell it the problem, put in a sample of your urine, and the computer will diagnose it and tell you what you can do about the issue you're having. It only costs $20."
Pete figured he had nothing to lose, so he filled a jar with a urine sample and went to the drug store. Finding the computer, he poured in the sample and deposited the $20.
The computer started making some noise and various lights started flashing. After a brief pause, out popped a small slip of paper which read:
You have migraines. You need to take better care of yourself. Get daily rest, drink a lot and avoid bright lights, stress, and strain. See me again in 2 weeks.
During the next 2 weeks, while thinking how amazing this new technology was and how it would change medical science forever, he began to wonder if this could be fooled. He decided to give it a try. He mixed together some tap water, a stool sample from his dog, and urine samples from his wife and daughter. To top it off, he even added some oil from his car. 
He went back to the drug store, located the computer, poured in the sample and deposited the $20, again stating he had a bad headache. He waited curiously to see what the computer will say about the odd mix.  The machine again made the usual noises, flashed lights, and printed out the following analysis:
Your tap water has too much waste in it.
Your dog has ringworms. 
Your teenage daughter is pregnant.
Your wife has had 5 different lovers in the past six months.
Also, your car needs a new radiator.
And you wonder why you have a headache? 

No comments:

Post a Comment