Thursday, April 2, 2015

Wednesday, April 1st, 2015



Happy April Fools Day everyone!

I slept well last night, getting up once during the night.  I still had a little lower back pain so I couldn’t wait to take 2 more pain pills – which I did at 6:15 in the morning.  (You’re not supposed to take more than 2 within any 24 hour period.)

I was a little surprised to see my Social Security deposit has not been made to my checking account.  I understand it is supposed to be there on the 2nd but it is often there earlier.  Anyway, that means we won’t be able to pay the bills today so there is no reason to go to Envigado.  I understand tomorrow and Friday are Colombian holidays so the banks and many stores will be closed.

We were down to less than 5mil on my cell phone so Teresa called Walter and he added 20mil.

Adding the small amount remaining (end of month) in my checking account plus cash on hand I have a little more than $50 which I transferred to my savings account.

I asked Teresa when she and Laura are going to get their Colombian passports.  All I understood was something about Vicky and we made plans to visit her on Saturday.
I asked Teresa the following (google translated) questions:
I don't understand what Vicky has to do with your getting a passport. 
1.  Is she going to take you to get a passport?
2.  Is she going to give you something like paperwork so you can get a passport?
3.  If she is just going to give you some information then why can't you just talk to her on the telephone.
She replied that Vicky knows how to apply for passports because she’s done it before and will help Teresa do it online.

The news on TV showed a lot of people in the bus terminals traveling to their fincas for the holiday.

We wanted to give the dogs a bath today but it’s too overcast and Teresa is worried it isn’t sunny enough for them to dry without getting sick.

I asked Teresa what happened to “muchacho” (Walter’s son) and I understood he wasn’t coming because he thought we would be in Envigado for at least the afternoon.

4:30 in the afternoon and it starts raining with a little thunder.  Then I hear Teresa call me outside to help take the clothes off the line.  Five minutes later it was raining very hard but it only lasted about 25 minutes.

Teresa and I started watching Trade (7.5).

I watched an interesting and humorous documentary called Unhung Hero.
Teresa came in from working with the plants and I got her to use the Lava soap for the first time.  She loved it so much she used it later to wash her feet.

I took my sleeping pills at 10:45 and we went to bed at 11pm.

T-shirt of the day: Warning.  High tension.

No comments:

Post a Comment