Monday, July 8, 2019

Sunday, July 7, 2019


Last night I went to bed at 11pm, quickly fell asleep and didn’t wake up until 5:30.  I was able to make a trip to the bathroom without Teresa stirring.  I had trouble falling back asleep but I remember Teresa asking if I was getting up soon and I said “yes” but I finally woke/got up at 8am.

I watched the US Women’s team beat the Netherlands 2-0 to win the World Cup championship.

Jim moved in about 12:30.  He’ll be staying with us until Wednesday.

After lunch Jim took a nap and I watched Fury (7.6) on Direct TV.
About 7:15 we walked to Otra Parte.  There was a short line in front of us but we were seated within 5 minutes.  We all enjoyed pasta with a juice and Jim and I shared a slice of carrot cake (a little dry) for a total of 68,200 ($22).

3,523 steps today.

Joke of the day
Two engineers were standing at the base of a flagpole, looking at its top. A woman walked by and asked what they were doing.  "We're supposed to find the height of this flagpole," said Sven, "but we don't have a ladder." The woman took a wrench from her purse, loosened a couple of bolts, and laid the pole down on the ground. Then she took a tape measure from her handbag, took a measurement, announced, "Twenty-one feet, six inches," and walked away.  One engineer shook his head and laughed, "A lot of good that does us.  We ask for the height and she gives us the length!"

And now I’m approximately 50% of the way through my joke files.  After that it will be back to more sayings on t-shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment