Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Monday, November 29, 2021

Recovery Day #157!

Today is Cyber Monday.

Last night I went to bed at 11pm and didn’t get up until 5am. I did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 6am.

Today I put on one of the moderate absorption ADs to see how that would work. I could always change in the afternoon if necessary.

I left the apt just after 9am and walked to Deborah Arango Biblioteca (library) arriving 20 minutes later. I went up to the 2nd floor where I saw a short line leading inside. I inquired if this was for vaccinations and was told to go to the other side. I did and saw a very long line. I went to the head of the line and asked the guy in charge if this is where I get my 3rd vaccination. Surprisingly, he invited me inside. Why didn’t I have to wait in line with the others? Because I’m old? Because I’m a foreigner? Because I asked for the booster shot? Inside there were 6 rows of 8 chairs each. A man asked for my vaccination card and he copied some info from it to another form then asked me to take a seat. 



A young lady was calling out names and having them line up in front of 3 operators with laptops. I realized too late I could probably have calculated what my wait time would be as I guess everyone seated would be called before me and I could see how many were called in each wave. For Teresa I inquired what time they open in the morning and was told 8:30. Anyway, it was about an hour wait. It was fun to see the young lady stumble over the pronunciation of my name. When it was my turn I gave the spelling of my name and my cellphone number. I then moved to the next station where I finally got my shot and was allowed to leave 5-10 minutes later. The entire process (without having to wait in the long line) took 90 minutes.

As I left the library Teresa called asking where I was. She was just leaving the apt and we agreed to meet in Viva Envigado. I was waiting for her in Todo Fresa to see what she wanted to do first. We went upstairs to a specialty store that I told her they had here, not just in El Tesoro. She didn’t like what she found so on to plan B. She bought some kind of skin cream in one of the stores. I noticed a water fountain in the wing towards the metro. I knew there is one by the main entrance but this must be new.

I made a withdrawal from a Davivienda ATM. They now have filled the previous empty space with a 3rd machine.

We had lunch in Crepes & Waffles. She had a salad and I had a turkey pita sandwich. She checked a number of other stores and finally bought some other type o skin cream.

She left to get her nails done in Parque Envigado and I went to Todo Fresa for coffee.

There was a problem with our van scheduled for tomorrow. As I understand the driver requested copies of our cedulas and Teresa didn’t want to comply. After much back and forth, I ended up cancelling the van and putting it all on Teresa for tomorrow. I think she’s going to use 2 taxis from the airport.

I returned to the apt at 4pm and water was still out.

My arm is sore from the Moderna shot.

It was still out at 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, finally came back on at 7:20pm.

 

I really didn’t have any problem with the moderate absorption AD so I think I can stop buying the ultra-absorption ones.

I just remembered I have to pick up my new cedula on Wednesday.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 85,432 ð 83,365 ð 80,684 new cases and 955 ð 961 ð 884 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,620 ð 2,196 ð 1,975 new cases with 51 ð 43 ð 36 new deaths. Medellin has NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED ð 329 new cases from November 28th to 29th. Envigado has NOT REPORTED ð NOT REPORTED  ð 18 new cases from November 28th to 29th.

 

T-shirt of the day

I don’t need fashion. Fashion needs me.

No comments:

Post a Comment