Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Recovery Day #158!

Today Laura and Lenny arrive.

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and didn’t get to sleep until after midnight. I got up once at 2am and again at 5am. I did my Kegel exercises, finally getting up at 6am. My arm is still sore meaning I can only sleep on my right side (and my back). I’m tired but I guess I can sleep on the way to the airport.

The streets are wet so obviously we had some rain overnight.

I’ve decided I need to pay the first of the month bills today.

I left the apt at 8am and walked to the mall. I noticed that Av Villas bank doesn’t open until 9am. I went to make an ATM withdrawal and it told me the maximum was 800mil. I tried the next ATM and it told me the same. I withdrew the 800mil since I had 200mil on me. (The 3rd ATM was out of order.) I went to one of Bancolombia’s consignacion machines and made a number of first of the month payments. I waited until 9am then withdrew 2,000,000 pesos from a Servibanca ATM (with their additional 16mil fee). I paid for the apt then went downstairs and had a café con leche in Todo Fresa. Teresa called and asked me to buy her a black facemask. (Because she’s wearing a black outfit she wants a facemask to match. I thought that was a little unreasonable.) I asked the security guard outside Exito and was told to go to the beauty shop on the other side of the plaza. I did and they had facemasks but not in black. In Exito where they have travel items I asked about facemasks but they only had the blue surgical masks. I picked up 3 bags of milk and the onion Teresa requested and returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa’s driver picked us up (MT was waiting in the porteria) and took us to the airport for 100mil by 1pm. We all had lunch at J&C Delicias. I googled their flight number and it was delayed from 2:15 to 2:49. I think they landed at 3pm. It took about an hour for them to come out because they couldn’t find one of their suitcases.

MT walking to greet Laura:



Teresa had a van pick us up and take us, in heavy traffic, to our apt for 170mil. They put their 5 suitcases in one of the bedrooms and we walked to La Buena Mesa. It was only 5:30 and Chiclayo didn’t open until 6pm so we went to steakhouse El Trifásico which was pretty good.

We put MT in a taxi and we walked back to the apt. Laura had lots of gifts for us: 4 large boxes of chocolates, 4 Boston-style t-shirts, 3 bags of salted-in-the-shell peanuts and perfumes.

Laura called someone about a Comuna 13 walking tour. It costs 70mil and we meet at Los Patios hotel/hostel at 2pm. First, I have to go to immigration to pick up my new cedula.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 83,365 ð 80,684 ð 83,120 new cases and 961 ð 884 ð 893 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,196 ð 1,975 ð 2,296 new cases with 43 ð 36 ð 55 new deaths. Medellin has NOT REPORTED ð 329 ð 493 new cases from November 29th to 30th. Envigado has NOT REPORTED  ð 18 ð 10 new cases from November 29th to 30th.

 

T-shirt of the day

University of California. Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment