Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Monday, December 20, 2021

Recovery Day #178!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 10:15pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, woke up at 7am (a Coca Cola truck and a semi with a container on its back were parked outside Exito), did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

Laura didn’t get up until 9:45 foiling Teresa’s plans to leave for Viva Envigado at 9:30.

I forgot to mention yesterday I found my coin holder thingy. It was in the back pocket of my fanny pack – surprised I didn’t stumble upon it sooner because it’s where I carry my cellphone.

Today I tried something different. For more comfort I cut the wings (sides) off my MP before putting them in my underwear.

Daniela from Inter-Col texted me asking me to come pick up my 6 months of bank statements. I told her they were just copies and she can destroy them.

We all left at 12:30 and walked to La Bahia for their menu of the day. When we finished we walked across the street to the mall where we separated. They went shopping and I could do my thing and we would meet up later at Todo Fresa. I printed a few pages of corrections to my chess notes and went upstairs to recycle a plastic bottle. They have this huge green metal cage that you can throw your bottles into. As I was raising my arm it was punctured by a protruding piece of metal and soon started bleeding. Luckily, I had a napkin in my back pocket that I used to staunch the bleeding. There were no available tables at Todo Fresa and on my way to Santa Leña I saw an area closed off for blood donations. I showed my wound to one of the phlebotomists and she quickly put a small Band-Aid on it. I sat in the back of Santa Leña and it was 30 minutes before anyone noticed me and took my coffee order. In the meantime, the ladies stopped by and dropped off some purchases.

An hour or so later I needed to make a trip to the restroom so I texted them and they were in Velez, the leather store. I couldn’t find the store quickly so I stopped in the restroom first. I finally found it and it looked like Laura was getting Lenny an engraved wallet. She had already bought him a leather jacket. Only thing is it was green I hate clothes in green, and I’m even ¼ Irish.

When they finally finished we went to Percimon where they had frozen yogurt with fixings (cherries, bananas, chocolate cake pieces, strawberries, etc.) and I tried one of their Frutos Rojos Yogurts, kind of like a strawberry popsicle.

They gave me their packages to take back to the apt while they did some more shopping. Problem was outside the entrance I found it was raining and there was a long line to take a taxi.

I went back inside and got the last table at Todo Fresa. I texted Laura about that and told her I would try again in an hour.

At 7pm there was still a pretty long line but it had stopped raining so I walked back to the apt in the dark with my arms full of presents, hoping it wouldn’t start raining again.

I received an email from Barnes & Noble that my missing book has arrived in Florida.

My daughter informed me her mother’s blood cancer has returned and tomorrow she will be admitted to the hospital for intense chemotherapy and another stem cell transplant.

I ate some salted-in-the-shell peanuts and drank a small Coke while watching the Bears lose to the Minnesota Vikings 17-9. The Bears made lots of penalties, turnovers, and other mistakes but they are still obviously giving maximum effort.

The ladies returned at 10:30. I understand they spent some time visiting MT since her apt is so close by.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 127,692 ð 132,851 ð 146,554 new cases and 1,290 ð 1,284 ð 1,303 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,016 ð 2,038 ð 1,699 new cases with 54 ð 59 ð 29 new deaths. Medellin has 305 ð NOT REPORTED ð 346 new cases from December 19th to 20th. Envigado has 17 ð NOT REPORTED ð 9 new cases from December 19th to 20th.  

T-shirt of the day

Make some noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment