Friday, December 10, 2021

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Recovery Day #167!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly despite a few fireworks, didn’t hear the ladies come home at midnight, woke up at 6:30, made my trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 6:45.

I lost to a slightly stronger player dropping my rating to 1601.

I left the apt just after 9am and walked to the mall. I looked for Glenn in Juan Valdez but he wasn’t there. I printed some chess notes, recycled a few plastic bottles then had coffee in Todo Fresa while studying a new chess book.

I picked up a few things in Exito and at the cashier is when things got interesting. The bill came to 25,087 pesos and I gave the cashier 100,100 pesos. You can do the math in your head, 100mil – 25mil is 75 mil and 100 pesos minus 87 pesos is 13 pesos. I watched her count out and give me 74mil. I told her that wasn’t correct. I looked at the receipt and she had only entered 100mil which is how she shorted me. I turned the receipt over and showed her the math: 100,100 – 25,087 = 75,013. Then she gave me the other 1,000 pesos. (1mil doesn’t matter to me but she needs to learn how to give change correctly.)

I was wondering why she didn’t package my bag of 8 tomatoes, 3 bags of milk, and a package of laundry soap. She said there aren’t any bags. What? She pointed to a nearby stack of recyclable bags. (The last thing I need is another recyclable bag.) I asked her if today is a “day without plastic bags” and she told me Wednesdays and Thursdays. I guess I missed that memo. While trying to figure out how to get my things back to the apt without purchasing another recyclable bag she opened her drawer and took out a plastic bag and bagged my things. I thanked her and returned to the apt by taxi.

Laura asked me for the 10 million pesos that I was keeping for her surgery and I gave her the stack. Teresa looked at the “receipt” and counted the cash and told me it doesn’t match. She’s right, I rounded up to the nearest 5mil and when I pointed that out she was okay with it.

After lunch Teresa and I took a nap for about an hour. When we got up Laura had already left for her 2pm doctor appointment.

I left the apt at 3pm and had coffee in Parva. A sign of the lessening of Covid-19 restrictions is their outdoor “fence” is gone. I returned to the apt by 5pm.

I think we only hit a high of 82 degrees today.

Laura returned at 5:30 and informed us her surgery will be next Wednesday, December 15th at 1pm.

We left the apt at 6:15 and took a taxi to Wilson’s restaurant, Bocados Bar (Calle 37A Sur #46A-81) where most of us had chicken shish kebab. At 9:30 we returned to the apt by Didi.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,071 ð 120,737  ð 118,561 new cases and 1,298 ð 1,302 ð 1,294 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,704 ð 1,915 ð 1,627 new cases with 53 ð 55 ð 40 new deaths. Medellin has 304 ð 347 ð 289 new cases from December 8th to 9th. Envigado has 8 ð 13 ð 20 new cases from December 8th to 9th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Mas amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment