Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Sunday, December 19, 2021

Recovery Day #177!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:15, woke up at 6am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

My Chess.com correspondence rating is now exactly 1600. I have 3 games in progress, with the Black pieces in 2 of them and I feel I am winning 2 and can draw the other. We’ll see how that turns out.

I left the apt at 8:15 and walked to the gas station. I got a better look at the new Clap Burgers restaurant.




Glenn and Bianca soon arrived and we took a taxi to Hija Mia in Poblado. We discussed my problems with my new debit card, Paypal, MagicJack, Envios Market, and my hernia.

I had the Acia berry bowl and Glenn had an egg dish.

I was able to charge breakfast to my USAA debit card so at least I know they haven’t blocked/frozen my account.

We took a taxi to Envigado where they got out at Jumbo and I continued on to Viva Envigado. I recycled a plastic bottle, printed some pages and bought a pack of facemasks, a large box of MPs, and a couple bags of milk and returned to the apt by taxi.

The ladies had left for the beauty parlor so Laura could get her hair washed since she can’t lift her arms high enough to do it herself.

At Glenn’s suggestion, I connected my MagicJack to my laptop but then also by ethernet cable to my router. I got a dial pad and was able to make a test call to SS. Yay! Well, that’s one big problem solved.

I think we hit at least 85 degrees today.

I left the apt at 2:45 and walked to Parva. I found it closed with a sign on the door. They were open in the morning and are closed but will reopen at 3:30. I went to Los Porteños for coffee and we had a little rainstorm while there. I was under the tent but near enough to the edge that drops almost reached me. I left when the rain stopped at 4pm and went to Parva where I used their restroom then had another coffee while reviewing and simplifying my chess notes for The Dutch Defense.

At 5pm it started raining again but didn’t last long. It stopped raining and just before 6pm, just before it started to get dark, I returned to the apt.

At 7:30 I texted Laura to find out what we’re doing for supper. She responded that they are having coffee with her aunt. I told her not to worry as I can have cereal here.

The ladies finally returned at 9:30.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 124,192 ð 127,692 ð 132,851 new cases and 1,278 ð 1,290 ð 1,284 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,803 ð 2,016 ð 2,038 new cases with 50 ð 54 ð 59 new deaths. Medellin has 374 ð 305 ð NOT REPORTED new cases from December 18th to 19th. Envigado has 13 ð 17 ð NOT REPORTED new cases from December 18th to 19th.  

T-shirt of the day

We have moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment