Thursday, December 23, 2021

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Recovery Day #180!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4am, took a little while to fall back asleep, woke up at 7, did my Kegel exercises, and got up. Today the MP I put on I had trimmed off the sides and a little off the top and bottom.

At 8:30 I made a quick trip next door where I bought 2 bags of milk. After returning them to the apt I walked to Los Porteños arriving before 9am. I had a café con leche and Glenn with Bianca arrived by 9:20.

We each had a slightly different egg croissant sandwich with coffee. We talked about a number of my problems and he came up with another solution for my MagicJack problem. He also recommended I buy Panasonic DECT 6.0 Plus CID phones from Amazon to connect to my MagicJack in lieu of my using headphones.

We left about 11am and I returned to my apt. I understand Laura is going to get her nails done and Teresa will be going shopping at the mall.

I left about 11:30 and walked to the mall where I withdrew 2,000,000 pesos and deposited 1,600,000 into an account for the Dann Carlton. (1st try I just stuffed a wad of bills into the machine so I didn’t have to stand there counting it out in the open. 2nd try I put in 1,600,000 and told the machine I wanted to deposit the exact amount 1,596,000. I forget what it said but it was obvious it didn’t have 4mil to give me as change. 3rd try I put in 1,600,000 and asked to deposit 1,600,000 and all went well.) I took a photo of the receipt and Whatsapp’d it to Laura.

I bought a Christmas gift for my Secret Santa in one of the stores. I had teriyaki chicken for lunch in Sarku’s followed by coffee in Santa Leña. When I left about 2:30 it was raining and there was a line for taxis so I just walked back to the apt. I was a little damp below the knees and my lower back by the time I returned.

Teresa was still waiting on Laura to return to go shopping at the mall.

Teresa finally left 6:30 and half an hour later Laura called for a taxi. I hope they can meet up because Laura’s cellphone battery is dying and Teresa’s phone only vibrates when someone calls her.

I’m still fighting with Paypal to get my new debit card added. I started a chat again and they said, At this time, the country registered to your PayPal account is determined during registration, and it is permanent. The registered country affects all the information you enter in your PayPal account.”

Which I guess is supposed to explain why their drop down list is for Colombian departments instead of US states.

I questioned that and their reply was,

Your account is registered in Colombia, and it has always been that way. We make no judgment on the cards that you enter on your account for as long as they are valid. If you were able to add your US card before, that would be because it had a Colombian billing address that we would recognize. If you are unsure of what this information is now, kindly contact your bank for assistance.”

I replied, “I have NEVER had a Colombian billing address. I don’t think an American bank would even allow that and I’ve never had an account here in Colombia.”

They replied, “I can confirm that you've added cards from USAA Federal Savings Bank before, and you should have no problem doing so again. Please consider contacting your bank and checking out options with them.”

 

I replied, “You admit I’ve added USAA bank cards before. This isn’t a banking problem this is a Paypal programming problem so file a request for Technical Support!”

 

They replied, “I understand where you are coming from, but at the same time, there is no issue: You were able to add US cards before because it is available to you. You can do it now as well. If your billing address keeps you from doing so, please contact your bank for assistance.”

I give up!

 

The ladies returned at 10pm and I went to bed at 11pm.

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 146,554 ð 157,416 ð 171,380 new cases and 1,303 ð 1,352 ð 1,348 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,699 ð 1,766 ð 1,931 new cases with 29 ð 47 ð 52 new deaths. Medellin has 346 ð 350 ð 285 new cases from December 21st to 22nd. Envigado has 9 ð 12 ð 19 new cases from December 21st to 22nd.

T-shirt of the day

Stranger girls are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment