Sunday, December 26, 2021

Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

Recovery Day #183!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

First challenge was trying to figure out how their “suicide shower” works.

http://johnnyvagabond.com/travel-tips/survive-suicide-shower/

This one was neatly set up but I couldn’t figure out their instructions for setting the correct temperature, but I managed with whatever I did.



Even though they had the instructions in English it didn't work exactly as they claimed it did.

I was heading downstairs to setup my laptop to work on my blog when Teresa told me MT was hungry, so I volunteered to have breakfast with her. Downstairs they had a nice buffet set up. Not sure if this is for every day or if it’s a Christmas special. I was previewing various stations: eggs cooked as you like, fruits, different breads when I noticed a waffle station and mentioned to MT that I’ll have to get one of those. We picked up coffee and sat down at a table. About 5 minutes later a waitress brought me a waffle – she must be a mind reader.

Lenny and Laura arrived a little later and Wilson and Martha a bit after that.



There were a couple of pretty yellow birds searching for a drink of water:



When everyone had finished eating and our table was cleaned up I finally set up my laptop and logged into the hotel’s wifi which has a decent speed of 30+ Mbps.

I wanted to send Lenny a screenshot of an article about overbreeding of French bulldogs but first I had to download Whatsapp to my computer. I’m so proud I figured it out on my own. 😊

We had lunch at Jumaye in "downtown" Santafe.




Lenny made a trip to the restroom and got one of his first introductions to Colombia: 1. He had to pay 500 pesos to use the restroom, 2. There was no toilet seat, 3. There was a roll of toilet paper but it was outside the stalls - so you better predict how much you need correctly.

After returning to the hotel Laura caught me in an unflattering position.


This historic hotel has a lot of antiques on display.




















We hung around the pool area all afternoon but no one went to take a dip.

Lenny and I played a game of 8-ball which he won on the last ball when we were tied. A couple of young girls were hanging around our table, talking and just generally getting in our way. One girl even grabbed one of our moving balls. Later she asked Lenny if I was her grandfather. Snotty nosed kid. I got even by beating Lenny in ping pong 21-17.

Late afternoon we took a quick walk “downtown” to Santafe's plaza and returned to the hotel.

Early evening we walked to the same restaurant, Jumaye, in a slight drizzle. All the inside tables were taken but they set a large table up for us outside and by then the rain was just occasional drops.

Lenny and I shared a pizza, and Martha and Laura did the same. The others ordered a la carte.

We returned to the hotel by 10pm and just hung around the pool some more, the others talking and Lenny and I mainly looking at our phones.

We finally returned to our respective rooms by 10:45.


The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 188,469 ð 190,486  Ã° 187,990 new cases and 1,656 ð 1,503 Ã° 1,447 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,475 ð 3,060 Ã° 3,414 new cases with 54 ð 46 Ã° 42 new deaths. Medellin has 370 ð 373 Ã° 412 new cases from December 24th to 25th. Envigado has 20 ð 43 Ã° 36 new cases from December 24th to 25th.

T-shirt of the day

I’d love to go but my dog says no.


No comments:

Post a Comment