Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Recovery Day #186!

Exactly 6 months from my surgery. You’ve come a long way baby!

After breakfast I started working on my Microsoft problem. I tried everything: clearing my cache, restarting my computer, even changing my bank address to my brother’s address. Nothing worked. I texted Glenn asking where he was and if he could help me. He replied he was having breakfast at Ganso y Castor. I asked him to wait for us and Lenny and I soon left the apt and met him there. After talking over my problem he suggested I set up a VPN so whoever I contact with my computer will think I’m in the US.

When I returned to the apt I purchased a 1-year subscription to his recommended VPN, Express VPN, for $99.95. I turned it on and tried to purchase MS Office 365 again but got the same error. I rebooted and tried again with the same result.

I texted Glenn again and this time he recommended I try a different browser. I remember Inter-Col and the US embassy recommending I use Google Chrome so I tried that and this time it worked. I bought a 1-year Microsoft Office 365 Family subscription for $99.99 and gifted one of my licenses to Juan.

I guess I needed the VPN and Google Chrome but not sure if I needed to set my account to my brother’s address. I’ll try changing that later and see what happens.

At least now I can use Word & Excel again. I’m back in business – now to update my bank account purchases and my blog.

Lenny and Laura left about 4:30 to check into the Dann Carlton.

We took a nap for about an hour.

About 5:30 Laura invited us to join them for dinner at the Dann Carlton. That would be Tony Roma’s which she said opens at 7pm. I told her I would love too but I didn’t want to be eating too late.

Teresa took a shower and did her nails and we left at 7:15. Our Didi driver took us to the Dann Carlton hotel in little traffic. In the lobby Teresa ran into a girl she knew from the gym named Adriana with a gringo named Steve from, based on his accent, somewhere in the south. We chatted a bit then Lenny and Laura met us in the lobby waiting area.

They took us up to the 14th floor to show us their room which, although not very large, had a great view of the lights of northwestern Medellin.

We went up to the top floor to Tony Roma’s where we were not allowed in because we didn’t have a reservation. We went back down to the lobby to an Italian restaurant. They gave us pasta menus and also Mexican menus because that is their theme of the month.





We returned to the apt by Didi. Teresa was taking off her new dress when she discovered she still had the tag on. She told me a story of Vicky getting all dressed up and going out. She got quite a bit of attention only to find out later that she had her dress on backward or inside out (I couldn’t understand which).

After doing my exercises and some reading I went to bed at 11:15.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 267,305 new cases and 1,243 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 4,306 new cases with 35 new deaths. Medellin has 1,184 new cases from December 27th to 28th. Envigado has 89 new cases from December 27th to 28th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Today has been cancelled. Go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment