Monday, December 13, 2021

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Recovery Day #170!

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30 when Teresa got up because Laura had just returned, woke up at 5:30, cat napped until 6:45, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 7am.

I left the apt at 8:20 in 66 degree overcast weather.  I met Glenn with Bianca at the gas station. I noticed for the first time a new restaurant behind Burger King, “Clap Burgers”.




Later I googled it and I don’t think they’ve opened yet.

Because the weather looked threatening I suggested we go to our Ganso y Castor today instead of Hija Mia. He agreed and we easily found an outside table. For something different we ordered a basket of bread which came with butter and marmalade. He ordered the eggs benedict, and I ordered the acai bowl. My dish was dry so I asked them to add yogurt and they didn’t add much so I won’t be ordering that again. A woman came by selling plastic sleeves to hold a vaccination card so I bought one for 1mil.

When I left, I made a trip to the Pasteur pharmacy to buy another pack of moderate ADs. I only have one left and Teresa has yet to buy me a package of “menstruation pads”. I could see the ADs but not in my size so I inquired. The young lady looked in the computer and I understood they should have one as she looked all over for them. She finally found them in the back on a top shelf. In the meantime, I noticed a 10-pack of Tena (the brand name) Dia (they also had noche) “protector para goteos leves de orina” which looked exactly like what I was looking for so I bought them. I’ll give them a try tonight. (They also had a box of higher absorbency Noche pads but I think these will work fine for the nighttime.)



When I returned to the apt I found I didn’t have my eye drops with me. Either I left them on the table or the waiter picked them up when cleaning our table. Luckily, I have a couple more bottles.

I google translated “protector para goteos leves de orina” to “protector for minor urine drips”.

At 2pm we went down to the porteria where we found MT and we all walked to Chiclayo. The ladies ordered seafood soup and I ordered Chaufa de Pollo which was quite good.



Teresa tried it and I think she wants to order it for herself in the future. While sitting there I noticed a store called Sweet Cacao across the street. I googled it and found they sell baking items. Just for grins I asked google to give me driving directions from Chiclayo but it just said it was 0 minutes away.

The ladies left and I walked to Parva for coffee. As I expected it was closed (Sundays & holidays) so I went to Los Porteños. I was the only one there but next door at Emilia’s steakhouse there was an 80th birthday party in progress with a band.



I lost a game to Troyclough dropping my rating to 1591.

When I left, my plan was to go to Antonio’s Gelato to get a slice of apple pie with a scoop of ice cream on top but after I came out of the restroom it was drizzling lightly so I just returned to the apt.

I did a count of my correspondence chess games and…

With the White pieces I played:

·      The London System 74% of the time with a 69% win rate.

·      The English opening 26% of the time with a 64% win rate.

With the Black pieces I played:

·      The French Defense 84% of the time with a 65% win rate.

·      The Dutch Defense 16% of the time with a 100% win rate.

Of course, I have to take into account most of my opponents were lower rated.

The ladies returned at 6:30. Laura had purchased a cute leather jacket for 1 million pesos ($250).

They left again at 7:15, something about Poblado and chicken wings.

I ate salted-in-the-shell peanuts with a Coke during the 1st half of the Bears vs Packers game and we were even ahead 6 points at halftime. The ladies returned at 8:30 and reported that Rocket Wings in La Buena Mesa had great chicken wings. (Like I could ever get Teresa to try something new.) As usual the Bears went down in defeat 45-30.

I put one of the Man Pads (MPs) in my underwear and went to bed at 11:45.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,967 ð 119,280 ð 119,534 new cases and 1,310 ð 1,274 ð 1,279 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,685 ð 1,813 ð 2,026 new cases with 42 ð 45 ð 51 new deaths. Medellin has 283 ð 317 ð 381 new cases from December 11th to 12th. Envigado has 11 ð 14 ð 9 new cases from December 11th to 12th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment