Sunday, December 12, 2021

Saturday, December 11, 2021

Recovery Day #169!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, woke up at 7:45, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 8am.

I left the apt at 10am in 78-degree weather. I took a Sabaneta bus to Parque Envigado where I printed some chess notes and my Charles Schwab signature form. At Todo Drogas I bought the bottle of Centrum Advance I forgot to buy last Tuesday. I had coffee in Parva then returned to the apt by noon.

Walking past our next door Exito the tarps are down and it looks like they’re occupying their new larger space.

Teresa reported she didn’t defrost anything for lunch so we’ll be going out – probably Otra Parte.

I asked Nobraskja about my envelopes and she reported they have been delayed because of Christmas packages.

Before we left the apt at 2:15 I asked Teresa if I should bring an umbrella (it was quite overcast). She said “no’ and we arrived at Otra Parte 5 minutes later. They asked for proof of our vaccination and Teresa didn’t have her card or even her cedula. Laura did a search for her vaccination status on Mi Vacuna and I guess she was successful since they let us in. We had pretty much our choice of umbrella tables. They ordered pasta with shrimp and I ordered the turkey rolls. Just before they brought our food it started drizzling but it stopped 5 minutes later. I paid 112mil in cash ($30) and Teresa told me they were going to take a taxi to MT’s and I should put their leftovers in the fridge and meet them in Viva Envigado. (I told them “fine” as long as it isn’t raining.)

I walked back to the apt, put the food in the fridge, grabbed Teresa’s cellphone and walked to the mall. As I entered I texted Laura “where r u?”. No answer. The mall was very crowded but then it was Saturday night. I stopped in Cine Colombia and noticed 29 different showtimes for Encanto. I went up to the 3rd floor and got the last table in the new café Coffee Market. (I also see they have waffles.) While sitting there I could hear the rain beating down on the roof and at one point I felt a few raindrops. Still no word from Laura. I gave up my table to a couple of ladies pushing strollers. In the men’s room water was dripping down above one of the urinals. Back down on the 2nd floor I walked down the wing towards the metro and I stopped at Su’s Cookies and ordered an oatmeal cookie and a café con leche. When the coffee arrived, I was skeptical there was any coffee in it. Laura finally texted me they were leaving MTs and returning to the apt. (She said she’s been trying on clothes all this time and didn’t have her cellphone with her.) When I paid the check of 10,300 pesos the receipt said I had a large cappuccino and a chocolate chip cookie. 😊 Outside there was an incredibly long line waiting for a taxi so I walked back to the apt. I found the ladies waiting for me in the porteria. I handed Teresa her cellphone and we returned to the apt.

Teresa left at 8:45 for Sabaneta to meet with some girlfriends. She wasn’t dolled up like last night.


The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 118,561 ð 120,967 ð 119,280 new cases and 1,294 ð 1,310 ð 1,274 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,627 ð 1,685 ð 1,813 new cases with 40 ð 42 ð 45 new deaths. Medellin has 289 ð 283 ð 317 new cases from December 10th to 11th. Envigado has 20 ð 11 ð 14 new cases from December 9th to 10th.

 

T-shirt of the day

I hope you can read this one.



No comments:

Post a Comment