Thursday, December 9, 2021

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Recovery Day #166!

Today is Dia de la Inmaculada Concepción, aka Feast of the Immaculate Conception. Per Medellin Guru, “A religious day upholding the belief that the mother of the Virgin Mary became pregnant when God intervened and absolved her of original sin.” I’m not sure that sounds right. Per the internet, the Virgin Mary has been free of original sin from the moment of her conception” which doesn’t exactly sound like the same thing.

Last night I went to bed just after 10pm, fell asleep fairly quickly despite the intermittent fireworks, woke up every 2 hours, got up several times for a trip to the bathroom, got up at 5:30, made another trip to the bathroom, did my Kegel exercises, tried to fall back asleep and got up at 6am.

I met Glenn with Bianca at Ganso y Castor in La Buena Mesa at 9:30. We had no problem getting an outside table, although they are a little on the small side. Lot of waiters and waitresses running around. We’ve tentatively decided we will frequent Los Porteños on Wednesdays and alternate Ganso y Castor with Hija Mia on Sundays. This is my French toast after I had taken a few bites:




I stopped in our next door Exito and bought apples and laundry detergent before returning to the apt.

Well, the week is half over and no sign of my new USAA debit card.

Teresa and I had a short nap after lunch.

Laura returned about 4pm.

At 7:30 the ladies left to visit with Laura and Juan. I declined to go because I didn’t sleep well last night.

I watched more episodes of Seinfeld, read from my Nook book and went to bed at 11pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 119,751 ð 120,071 ð 120,737 new cases and 1,266 ð 1,298 ð 1,302 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,698 ð 1,704 ð 1,915 new cases with 41 ð 53 ð 55 new deaths. Medellin has 288 ð 304 ð 347 new cases from December 7th to 8th. Envigado has 22 ð 8 ð 13 new cases from December 7th to 8th.

Just two weeks after it was announced to the world, Omicron has reached dozens of countries and almost half the states in the U.S. Experts caution that it is too soon to reach conclusions about the new variant, but early reports from South Africa, where Omicron is prevalent, indicate that it spreads faster than previous variants but may cause less serious illness.

 

T-shirt of the day

Don’t look back. The future is not behind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment