Sunday, December 19, 2021

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Recovery Day #176!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, woke up at 7am, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

I finally got someone on Paypal who told me I definitely can add a US bank card. To be continued.

It’s drizzling lightly now, not very conducive for going out.

I signed and submitted Teresa’s US visitor visa application. I’m going to print a copy of the confirmation and we’ll see what’s next.

I tried logging into the Zurich Pension Center to update my address but their secondary security was to call or send a code to a cellphone number I no longer have. Sigh! I don’t see any other way to proceed. Apparently, they have a new system and I was able to register as a new user.

I tried logging in to my Sears (Metlife) website but I don’t know my username or password so I requested they send my username to my email on record andUnfortunately, no account was found to match the information you provided.” Sigh!

I logged into my CSC account and they showed me my old mailing address, I verified that it wasn’t correct but they didn’t give me any way to change it. Sigh!

Just a year ago I updated my bank account information with each one of these, so I don’t know what the problem is now. Today I used a “Pension Contact Information” sheet I created. I’ll check out my Pension file and see what other info is there.

The weather has been dripping all morning.

Well, Vicky now wants to bring her son Samuel, her daughter Daniela and her granddaughter to Cartagena so Laura wisely put a stop to that. Laura reserved a room with 2 beds in the Cartagena Hyatt Regency for January 13th to 18th for $127.50 a night. Laura gave them my debit card info but they said they won’t charge us until we check in.

Instead of reporting on every chess game I think I’ll just update you with my current rating every Sunday.

I received an email from MagicJack (at least I know that still works) and the voice mail message was a Fraud Alert from my bank, USAA. They want me to call about some possible illegal activity on my account. I logged onto my account and found the same message and they want me to call them. Sigh! Laura made the call with her Talk360 app and I talked to a rep and now everything is good. I downloaded the app and preloaded it with $20 of time.

I had a nap (2 hours?) in the afternoon.

Laura wanted to watch the HBO series Scenes from a Marriage (8.1) so I put it on Medellin TV.

At 4:30 Laura’s girlfriend Cindy stopped by for an hour. She’s on her way to a friend’s baby shower and Laura has a gift for her.

We left the apt at 7:30 and arrived at El Correo by Didi for 12mil by 8pm.

 A photo of the author/editor (me) and Teresa.


A photo of Teresa that Laura said she put through a filter


Our dinners: my pork chops with rustic fries, Teresa's chicken breast with baked potato, and Laura's baby beef.




I tried paying for the dinner with my new USAA debit card but after it was declined twice I switched to my Citibank card. Looks like I'm going to have to call USAA again to have it unlocked.

The total check was 271,150 or about $70.

I called for a Didi car and we were back at the apt by 10pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 124,413 ð 124,192 ð 127,692 new cases and 1,288 ð 1,278 ð 1,290 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,720 ð 1,803 ð 2,016 new cases with 39 ð 50 ð 54 new deaths. Medellin has  361 ð 374 ð 305 new cases from December 17th to 18th. Envigado has 13 ð13 ð 17 new cases from December 17th to 18th.  

T-shirt of the day

Son of a nutcracker.

1 comment:

  1. "The weather has been dripping all morning". Terry, hopefully you did better all morning. :-)

    ReplyDelete