Saturday, December 18, 2021

Friday, December 17, 2021

Recovery Day #175!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 9pm, fell asleep quickly, got up at 1am and 5am, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

The streets look a little damp so we must have gotten a little rain overnight.

I left the apt just before 9am and arrived by Didi at El Tesoro by 9:30. I had some time to kill so I made an ATM withdrawal.

One section of El Tesoro mall



I noticed a place called Pagofacil (sp?) where it looks like I may be able to pay the utility bill. I checked in at Cedimed, they took my order and my cedula and asked me to take a seat.




About 10 minutes later I was invited to the cashier where I handed them my Amigo card and that reduced my payment from 140mil to 109,200. About 10 minutes later I was led in back where I was handed a gown and asked to change in a little cubbyhole. I took off my shoes, my pants, and my shirt and wondered if I could leave on my underwear and my socks. I poked my head outside but didn’t see any staff. I knew something was wrong when I unfolded the gown and found it only reached down to my crotch. I stepped outside and a young man who spoke English told me I can keep my pants on so I put them and my shoes back on, stepped out and put everything else in a locker on the other side of the aisle. I was taken to a nearby room and asked to lie down. The operator spread gel on my stomach and used the “wand” to check the area. He spoke a little English and in time I asked him to confirm I’m not pregnant. He chuckled over that but did confirm I have a small hernia.

I put my clothes back on, was handed a paper slip with login instructions and was told my results would be available in an hour. I went to Pagofaci and after a short wait in line I paid the utility bill. I went to a nearby Juan Valdez where I ordered a medium café con leche. While nursing it at their counter I received the email and tried to log into their website, but I couldn’t remember my contraseña (password). I eventually figured out how to request to change it and when I checked my emails I was notified it had been changed. I logged in successfully and could see my one-page result but now I needed a way to print it. I went to the copy center but the muchacho was on lunch break. I went to Cedimed and after a short wait they gave me my results in a fancy folder. I went up to the 13th floor to my urologist’s office where the secretary made a copy of my results, told me the doctor is soon going into surgery, but he will review my results and she call me for an appointment.

For lunch I had the Thai bowl with a glass of water in Natto Bowls. I requested a Didi car and when the app said it was 4 minutes away I went up to Entrada 4 by the Mac Center.  On my way I noticed, 1) it was raining, 2) the taxi stand area was half full. At the appointed entrance I watched the license plates carefully but when the app said he arrived he wasn’t there. He called me and talked very quickly and I told him I don’t understand Spanish but I’m where I’m supposed to be. He hung up and soon cancelled the ride. The app found me a replacement and I was soon on my way back to Envigado. It was about 45-minutes back to the apt as the driver took numerous short cuts.

My test result:



“A nivel umbilical se observa defecto de la pared abdominal con unas medidas aproximadas de 34 x 17 mm (L x T) por la cual protruye un saco hernario de contenido abdominal con las amniobras de Valsalva y el cual reduce facilmente con el reposo y la presión con transductor. No se observan signos de complicacion.”


Via google translate: “At the umbilical level, a defect in the abdominal wall is observed with approximate measurements of 34 x 17 mm (L x T) through which a hernial sac of abdominal content protrudes with the amniobras of Valsalva and which is easily reduced with rest and pressure. with transducer. No signs of complication are observed.”

And 34mm x 17mm is 1.3” x 0.7”. Not very large but still troublesome.

 

I realized I no longer had my little plastic coin holder thingy. Last time I probably used it was at Natto Bowls. Sigh!

Dr. Castano’s secretary called. Teresa questioned if the doctor guaranteed his work so we wouldn’t have to pay for the hernia correction. I understand “no”. She referred us to a Dr. Santiago Gomez, Torre Medica #2, consultorio 1865, 529-9234 & 320 748 8340. Teresa called him and I have a 7am appointment for Thursday, December 30th. If this costs a lot of money I understand we may go the slower, less expensive, eps (insurance) route.

Laura called the Dann Carlton hotel about New Year’s Eve. It’s 399mil ($100) per person (no room included) and they will email Laura with the details.

Now we’re talking about a trip to Cartagena the 16th to 19th of January. Vicky, Teresa’s sister, knows a place we can stay on the ocean.

I didn’t notice but we had a little rain in the evening.

I finished reading the book about Medellin’s Comuna 13 titled “District 13”.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,240 ð 124,413 ð 124,192 new cases and 1,300 ð 1,288 ð 1,278 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,066 ð 1,720 ð 1,803 new cases with 51 ð 39 ð 50 new deaths. Medellin has 250 ð 361 ð 374 new cases from December 16th to 17th. Envigado has 11 ð 13 ð 13 new cases from December 16th to 17th.  

T-shirt of the day

Friday. Glad I met you.

No comments:

Post a Comment