Friday, December 24, 2021

Thursday, December 23, 2021

Recovery Day #181!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, did my Kegel exercises, fell back asleep, waking/getting up at 8:30.

I was on the phone (Talk360) for an hour with Metlife to change the address for my Sears pension. The first rep was obviously in India and she took me down the wrong path (I found out later) and still couldn’t get their system to acknowledge me. After 30 minutes I had more difficulty understanding her (her accent, my slight hearing loss, my tinnitus, my poor phone reception) so I finally asked for a native-born English speaker. I ended up calling the same number and this time got someone I could understand better. He changed my Florida address and helped me setup access to their website.

By the time I got off the phone it was time for me to take my shower and change clothes and order my Didi car.

Luis arrived after 15 minutes and drove me to the airport for 100mil. He asked me to call him after I pick up Lenny for the return trip.

I checked Lenny’s flight from Fort Lauderdale (15 minutes early) then had a Cesar salad in J&C Delicias.

Back downstairs I stopped at a little café called Amazonia Café 



next to arrivals and ordered a café con leche. I saw a blueberry muffin so of course I had to have that too.

Lenny’s flight ended up landing on time, the original time, and he came out about 45 minutes later.

I called Luis and he arrived about 5 minutes later. On our way back on Ave. Las Palmas he missed a turn and he waited a minute to see if he could back up but eventually gave up and did 2 U-turns to get back on track.

We were back at the apt by 4:30.

Laura & Lenny left at 6:30 so Lenny could get a haircut at Celebrity Barber Shop in Viva Envigado. They called us and invited us to dinner in La Buena Mesa but we declined.

When they returned they gave us Christmas presents. They gave Teresa a beautiful red leather Michael Kors purse and me a Samsung Galaxy A52 5G cellphone with a battery case. Wow!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 157,416 ð 171,380 ð 188,469 new cases and 1,352 ð 1,348 ð 1,656 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of  1,766 ð 1,931 ð 2,475 new cases with 47 ð 52 ð 54 new deaths. Medellin has 350 ð 285 ð 370 new cases from December 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has 12 ð 19 ð 20 new cases from December 22nd to 23rd.

T-shirt of the day

Don’t get mad, get rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment