Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Monday, December 27, 2021

Recovery Day #185!

Last night I went to bed at 11pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

We had our usual breakfast buffet downstairs by the pool. This time I had calentao with scrambled eggs. Teresa had breakfast earlier with her mother.

When Teresa came down about noon she told me Wilson has already packed my stuff. I told her I didn’t like someone else touching my things. I went up to our room and sure enough almost everything was packed but behind the front door I had 3 pairs of used underwear and shorts that were missed. I repacked some things and brought everything down to the pool area. I asked Teresa where my keys are to our apt. When I last saw them before breakfast they were sitting on the table. She went through my bags and didn’t find them but she found her set of keys. I told her that’s enough we’ll look again when we return to the apt.

Lenny, Wilson, and I separately paid our bills for things we had charged to our room. Mine was 254,500 pesos ($64).

Carlos, our English-speaking driver, picked us up at 1pm. At first he seemed to get lost trying to get out of Santafe. I turned on Waze and by then we were following instructions in both English and Spanish. We heard his car “bottom out” whenever we went over any kind of bump. I suggested he add some air to his tires but he insisted it was something else.

On the way back we stopped at a roadside restaurant for lunch. I helped him screw and glue his back bumper back on. We had a decent lunch and were back on the road.

Somehow I mentioned that I was trying to get a visitor visa for Teresa. He mentioned that he has a cousin (niece?) that works for US immigration in Boston. Maybe she can help speed up our process.

Traffic was heavy once we entered Medellin.

Back at the apt I asked Teresa to carefully go through all her bags because my keys have to be somewhere in our stuff. I finally found them in a pocket of my tech bag. I know she put them there because if I did the packing the keys would obviously go in my pants pocket.

For supper we used Rappi to order chicken from Frisby.

 

T-shirt of the day

Normal people scare me.

No comments:

Post a Comment