Friday, December 17, 2021

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Recovery Day #174!

Last night I put on an AD, went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, got up at 2am and 5am, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up.

I’ve tentatively decided to use SV Services. I made initial contact via Whatsapp and we’ll see what happens next. She contacted me and informed me I have to put SV Services next to my name and pay with Paypal. I cancelled that idea.

I finally figured it out. My billing address will be:

Terry Andresen

7864 NW 62nd St

Miami FL 33166

 

And my shipping address will be:

Terry Andresen Envios Market

7864 NW 62nd St 33166

ENV102-886

Miami FL 33166

 

That should work for everyone.

I changed my address with my banks to my new billing address.

Laura hasn’t been able to sleep, saying her bed is too hard. We moved her to our bed for a bit but she still couldn’t get comfortable. We finally moved her to the recliner and she quickly fell asleep.

I placed an order through Amazon for a few things that will test the shipping system but not billing because I had a gift card balance.

I left the apt at 1:30 and took a Didi car for 9,900 pesos to El Tesoro mall. I printed some chess notes then deposited 80mil in Rob’s Bancolombia account for Medellin TV. I went up to Dr. Castaño’s office and was allowed in after a 30-minute wait. I recapped my progress with my MPs and dripping and he predicted I will be back to normal in 2-3 more months. He checked me with his ultrasound machine and I was told I may have a small hernia but his machine isn’t good enough to detect it. He wrote me an order


and sent me down to the 1st floor to Cedimed where, after freezing in their waiting room for 15-minutes, I got an appointment for 10:30 tomorrow.

I’m to arrive 30-minutes early and the cost is 146mil ($36).

I stopped at the taxi stand and got number 151. I walked around and saw a lady with number 126 so I knew I had a few minutes. After a trip to the restroom, I made an ATM withdrawal with my new card so now I know it works. When I returned to the taxi stand they were serving number 145 so a few minutes later I was in a taxi back to Envigado.

The driver missed a turn at McDonald’s; instead of going up the hill he started heading north again. I gave him a few turns to get him back on track. I stopped at Exito but they had NO milk so I just returned to the apt.

About 6pm I walked to the little grocery store where I bought 3 bags of milk and returned to the apt.

There was a knock on the door and a portero delivered these flowers for Laura:


You can't tell from the photo but this is a large bouquet.

The Russo’s have invited us to join them next August for a trip to Italy. Lenny’s parents have a house in northern Sicily. I told them that would be great if we don’t go to Chicago in July.

Teresa suggested we order chicken wings so Laura used WhatsApp to place an order with Rocket Wings in La Buena Mesa. Twenty-four chicken wings with rustic potatoes arrived about 30 minutes later.

My eyes felt exhausted so I went to bed at 9pm.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,719 ð 120,240 ð 124,413 new cases and 1,266 ð 1,300 ð 1,288 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,859 ð 2,066 ð 1,720 new cases with 42 ð 51 ð 39 new deaths. Medellin has 313 ð 250 ð 361 new cases from December 15th to 16th. Envigado has 5 ð 11 ð 13 new cases from December 15th to 16th.  

T-shirt of the day

The world is waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment