Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Monday, December 13, 2021

Recovery Day #171!

Last night I went to bed at 11:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:45, woke up at 6:45, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 7am.

My MPs worked great last night. The next time I’m at home for a period of time I’ll try them when I’ll be moving around a bit more.

As you’ve probably already heard, Magnus Carlson of Norway defeated Ian Nepomniachtchi (and now you know why everyone calls him Nepo) 7 ½ - 3 1/2 to retain his world chess championship title.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the mall. It was a very sunny day but with an unusually cool breeze.

I paid the Direct TV and Tigo/Une bills at the Baloto kiosk. In the mall I recycled a couple plastic bottles, deposited 100mil for Laura in her account for the gym, paid our cellphone service bills in Claro then went downstairs for coffee in Todo Fresa.

I bought milk and soap for dishes in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

The ladies left for El Tesoro at 12:30. Laura has a 2:40 appointment with the anesthesiologist and they’ll probably be having lunch beforehand. I’m sure they’ll squeeze some shopping in also.

I left the apt at 2pm and walked 4 blocks (the last block is a long one) to California Buffet (Calle 25 Sur #48-11).



The sign outside said it costs 59,900 pesos for adults.



I went in and was charged only 48mil and was told there is a 20% discount on Mondays and Tuesdays.



I ordered a glass of iced tea and a young man gave me a tour of the food stations. I understood we have to use plastic gloves to handle the serving spoons. I told him I didn’t understand much Spanish but soon another young man came over and spoke to me in English. I explained that I think I understood everything.

I had my choice of a table as there were only 5 other customers.



Over the next hour I took 2 small plates to sample the food. 




Most everything was cold. The problem with Mondays & Tuesdays is there isn’t enough customer turnover to keep the food coming out hot. For dessert I had a slice of napoleon and a slice of tiramisu.

I returned to the apt and watched more episodes of Seinfeld.

Because they waited for traffic to subside, the ladies returned at 8:30 and brought me chicken pasta from J&C Delicias. I finished half of it and will probably finish the other half tomorrow. I understand Laura has an 8am appointment with a psychologist tomorrow.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 119,280 ð 119,534 ð 120,175 new cases and 1,274 ð 1,279 ð 1,270 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 1,813 ð 2,026 ð 2,287 new cases with 45 ð 51 ð 56 new deaths. Medellin has 317 ð 381 ð 347 new cases from December 12th to 13th. Envigado has 14 ð 9 ð 13 new cases from December 12th to 13th.

Just two weeks after it was announced to the world, Omicron has reached dozens of countries and almost half the states in the U.S. Experts caution that it is too soon to reach conclusions about the new variant, but early reports from South Africa, where Omicron is prevalent, indicate that it spreads faster than previous variants but may cause less serious illness.

 

T-shirt of the day

It’s about living.

No comments:

Post a Comment