Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Recovery Day #172!

Last night I put an MP (man pad) in my underwear, went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3:30, woke up at 7:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up. My underwear appears to be dry this morning so at least I know they work during the night.

Teresa informed me Laura needs to have a Covid test. I was confused at first because Teresa kept saying “vacuna” (vaccination) and I thought she was fully vaccinated. As it turns out she needs a Covid test not another Coved vaccination.

I showered and put a new MP in a pair of clean underwear to test its effectiveness during the day when I’m more active.

Laura returned at 9am, probably from the gym.

I left at 9:30 and walked to Ganso y Castor. I had a café con leche (aka latte) and ordered French toast. My food arrived about the same time as Glenn and Bianca arrived. (This meeting was not arranged.) I told him about my experience at California Buffet.

Teresa called me and asked me to pick up trout, bananas and broccoli at Exito.

When they left I went to Parva where I studied my Dutch Defense notes and had my 3rd café con leche.

When I left, I stopped at Exito but they had no broccoli and no trout but I did pick up a bunch of 5 bananas.

Back at the apt I seem to have only leaked slightly into my MP; so far so good.

I chatted with a Barnes & Noble rep about my misdirected order. They will resend it and I gave them my new FL address. This will be the first time I’m using this address for a “package”, so we’ll see how that works.

I can’t get my MagicJack keyboard to show up. I updated their software, restarted the computer, tried opening the software before and after putting in the hardware but nothing worked. Between waiting in line, going through their required FAQ, chatting with their rep, after 2 hours they deduced I need new hardware. I was so frustrated I texted them “FUCK MAGICJACK AND FUCK THEIR SERVICE” and hung up. How frustrating after using their service all these years.

Teresa asked me to go to Todo Drogas to buy some medicine Laura needs for/after her surgery. I suggested they order it to be delivered and it arrived a couple hours later with no charge for delivery.

Laura reviewed Teresa’s US Visitor Visa application and the only change was the name of Teresa’s father.

I considered switching from Envios Market to Caribbean Shipper but when I checked their website their Florida address is the same Envios Market wants me to use. Interesting! I’d like to call their phone support, but…

I have to talk to Chris Cajoleas (the tejo gringo) because he uses Caribbean Shipper.

Laura made a trip to Wilson’s bar and dropped some clothes off and brought back the 1,500,000 pesos that Wilson owes me for our Christmas trip to Santafe de Antioquia.

As we left the apt for Mercado Madrid Teresa asked me to remind her to buy Clorox. As soon as we entered, I got the largest size they have. She said “no” she wanted Blancox. I told her this is the same it’s just an American brand. She pointed to the golden field on the front of the bottle and informed me that its for yellow clothes. Nothing we could say would change her mind. (Later she changed her story to it changes white things to yellow.)

I thought we were going mainly for vegetables but we bought 420 mil of food.

Is this really a thing? Was it a Halloween prank that arrived here late?



We were back at the apt just before 8pm.

I got through the day wearing one MP (slightly damp) so that’s a victory to me.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 119,534 ð 120,175 ð 120,719 new cases and 1,279 ð 1,270 ð 1,266 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,026 ð 2,287 ð 1,859 new cases with 51 ð 56 ð 42 new deaths. Medellin has 381 ð 347 ð 313 new cases from December 13th to 14th. Envigado has 9 ð 13 ð 5 new cases from December 13th to 14th.  

 

T-shirt of the day

Heinz Yellow Mustard.

1 comment:

  1. T-shirt of the day "Heinz Yellow Mustard





























    '



    T-shirt of the day, "Heinz Yellow Mustard"; picture of the day, "Heinz Tomato Blood". Purchase of the day, "bleach" to remove the two from your clothing. A sense of humor buried in today's blog. Good going, Terry!!!! I always find the blog interesting.










    ReplyDelete