Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Monday, December 6, 2021

Recovery Day #164!

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, made a trip to the bathroom at 2:15, woke up at 6:15, made a trip to the restroom and went back to bed. I completed my Kegel exercises, couldn’t fall back asleep with some dog in the neighborhood constantly barking so I got up at 7:30.

An interesting anecdote: Laura, like most Colombians, has taken cold showers all her life. After meeting Lenny, one day when he was taking a hot shower she asked, “are you cooking a chicken in there?”

They arrived about 8:30 and we all walked to Los Porteños where we had croissant sandwiches and coffee for breakfast. Teresa walked back to the apt and the rest of us took an Uber to El Tesoro for their dentist appointment with Dr. Rendon. They got a check-up and cleaning for 180mil ($45) each. We went into the mall and had coffee in Santa Leña. Lenny bought 6 bags of their coffee for presents. We went into Carulla where we found a large display of coffees. Lenny went a little crazy purchasing coffee and Laura picked up some snacks for the apt. At first Lenny couldn’t get his debit card to work and I was afraid I would have to use my Citibank card. He tried another card and that worked. A muchacho helped us with the 5 bags of groceries (mostly coffee) and we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado.

Teresa informed me that the muchacho for the refrigerator doesn’t answer his phone. I followed Teresa out to the hallway and learned that there is a control box to turn off and on our water. That’s good to know.

We dropped off the bags then went to Asados Rogelio for lunch for 29mil each ($7.50). Imagine this photo with a bowl of frijoles and a fresh juice:


I called the refrigerator muchacho, he answered, and I handed the phone to Teresa. She told me he won’t be available until tonight or tomorrow. At least we’ve got the ball rolling.

Back at the apt the muchacho showed up and fixed the leaky water filter and only charged us 10mil.

We took an Uber to Antica Pizza where Lenny had pasta and the rest of us had pizza. We walked down the hill and quickly caught a taxi back to the apt.

Laura and I went with Lenny and his two large bags (one bag was filled with clothes, the other with bags of coffee) to the airport for his 1am flight in a spacious Uber. He checked in and went into the departure area. I made a trip to the restroom, Laura and I bought a bottle of water and I took my melatonin capsule. Outside the departure area we quickly caught a private car back to Envigado. Halfway back I took my sleeping pill. I was in bed by 11:15. This is the first night in a long time that I went to bed feeling warm so maybe the rainy season has finally ended.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 108,462 ð 109,822 ð 119,751 new cases and 1,179 ð 1,178 ð 1,266 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,609 ð 2,077 ð 1,698 new cases with 48 ð 47 ð 41 new deaths. Medellin has 422 ð 400 ð 288 new cases from December 5th to 6th. Envigado has 9  ð 15 ð 22 new cases from December 5th to 6th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Enjoy where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment