Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Recovery Day #165!

“A date which will live in infamy”, FDR, 1941.

Today is Dia de las Velitas (Day of the Little Candles) here in Colombia. Per Medellin Guru, “People all over Colombia light candles and place them in the streets or the windows of their houses. Traditionally, the candles represented the Virgin Mary, however, these days, they’re more strongly associated with making a wish for the new year.”

 

Last night I went to bed at 11:15pm, fell asleep quickly, woke up at 5:15, made a trip to the restroom, did my Kegel exercises, and got up at 7am.

I left the apt just after 9am. Today I used Google Maps to guide me to Todo Drogas. Walking through La Buena Mesa I saw the new Ganso & Castor has opened. It wasn’t open yesterday so I guess today is their opening day. I counted 8 tables outside (mostly 2 seaters) and 11 inside. I think Glenn and I will check it out tomorrow.




It looked like the high school across from Parva is having their graduation today.

I followed Google Maps and one thing that’s obvious is it doesn’t account for (at least small) changes in elevation. Instead of walking on level ground at one point it took me down a slope then back up.

At Todo Drogas I bought my medicines for December for 181,200 ($46).

At the copy center I printed some chess notes. I wanted to laminate my vaccination card but forgot to bring it with me.

At the used bookstore I exchanged paperbacks for 2mil.

I walked back to Parva where I bought a loaf of bread and had coffee for an hour or so. This is what the inside looks like with their Christmas decorations.



In their endless loop of Christmas songs, I recognized “Oh Holy Night”.

I bought a package of lettuce on my way back to the apt.

Wow, I had a close game I was losing against Troyclough when he blundered then resigned increasing my rating to 1612. I resigned against Chief523 lowering my rating to 1607.

I chatted with Barnes & Noble again about my book order that was delivered to the wrong address. They said to contact them again if I don’t receive an email from the USPS by the end of the week.

At 3pm we hit 88 degrees before the sun hit our thermometer and sent it soaring to 100.

I helped Laura carry 2 bags of clothes down to a taxi to spend the night with her girlfriend Cindy (sp?).

I watched the movie Old (5.8) on MTV. Nothing special.

Fireworks and firecrackers started in the evening which will probably make sleeping more of a challenge than usual.

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 109,822 ð 119,751 ð 120,071 new cases and 1,178 ð 1,266 ð 1,298 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,077 ð 1,698 ð 1,704 new cases with 47 ð 41 ð 53 new deaths. Medellin has 400 ð 288 ð 304 new cases from December 6th to 7th. Envigado has 15 ð 22 ð 8 new cases from December 6th to 7th.

 

T-shirt of the day

Knot today.

No comments:

Post a Comment