Thursday, December 16, 2021

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Recovery Day #173!

Last night I put an MP (man pad) in my underwear, went to bed at 10pm, took a while to fall asleep, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, and got up. My pad again is dry this morning. 😊

My rating is now 1598. At least now I’m playing stronger opponents.

I left the apt at 8:30 and I had a café con leche at Los Porteños while waiting for Glenn. He arrived by 9:30. Today our discussion centered around MagicJack and ship forwarding companies.

MAGICJACK

Evolution: MagicJack à MagicJack Plus à MagicJack Go à MagicJack Home.

Glenn has MagicJack Home (the latest version) plugged into his router.

From my MagicJack app I tried calling Glenn but we couldn’t seem to make a connection. He called me and left a message but I couldn’t hear any voice mail messages.

 

SHIP FORWARDING COMPANIES

Envios Market (EM) wants me to use this address for my packages:

Terry Andresen Envios Market

7864 NW 62nd street 33166

ENV102-886

Miami FL 33166

 

I certainly don’t like having “Envios Market” as part of my name and putting the zipcode after my 1st line address appears unnecessary. Obviously, the 2nd line address directs the package to me in Envigado.

Caribbean Shippers (CS) would want me to use this address:

Terry Andresen

7864 NW 62nd street

Miami FL 33166

 

Which looks cleaner and makes a lot more sense but notice the similarity. It appears EM is using CS as their shipping source from the US. So, why shouldn’t I eliminate the middleman (EM) and go straight to the source (CS)?

Glenn told me he’s used CS in the past and wasn’t happy with their service. He specifically mentioned a problem with lost packages. He recommended two other services: SV Services (2621 S. Orlando Dr., Unit 9-10, Sanford, FL 32773). and Giro (7816 W. Sample Rd, Margate, FL 33065-4710). SV stands for Sandra Velez and it’s a mom & pop operation and she only speaks Spanish but we can communicate by Whatsapp.

I had a scrambled egg croissant and he had the same but with the eggs on the side.

After he left I had a café con leche in Parva while reviewing some chess notes.

As I entered the porteria the portero handed me our epm (utility) bill. Finally.

Back at the apt by noon and the ladies had already left.

I checked my MagicJack devices and the one in my drawer says, “MagicJack Plus” so the one I’m currently using in my laptop must be a “MagicJack Go”.

I put in my iPod earbuds and played my MagicJack voice mails. This time I could hear them – test messages from my brother and Glenn.

A few minutes later I tried to get my iPod to work and I think either the battery ran down or the frayed wires on the earphones don’t work or both.

I walked to the mall and tried to pay the utility bill but Baloto’s system was down. For lunch I tried the waffle at the 3rd floor Coffee Market. It was okay, not exactly the Belgium waffle from their photo.




I went into Exito where I picked out a box of surgical type facemasks, another box of MPs, and had just picked up a bag of milk when it occurred to me that today is Wednesday, day without plastic bags. Ugh. I put everything back, but on my way out I noticed people getting their things packed in plastic bags. Sheesh. Obviously, there’s something I don’t understand.

Outside at a small kiosk I paid 230mil for the container of protein powder Teresa says she needs.



Nobraskja texted me I have a package with documents to be delivered today for 72mil. I put the cash in an envelope and left it with the portero. (I sure hope my new debit card is there.)

The ladies returned at 5:30. Laura’s in a little pain. I understand she threw up in the taxi on the way back. Teresa informed me I have a urology appointment tomorrow at 2:30.

At 6:15 the porter delivered my package. There was a gift from my daughter, 2 cooling pillow cases that will get the ultimate test when we visit Santafe de Antioquia at the end of the month. Also, some Chess Life magazines, a SS letter confirming my using their online services, and a pension earnings statement. And my new USAA debit card.

I tried adding my new debit card to Paypal but after I entered the FL billing address the only “states” that came up in the drop-down box were Colombia departments. Sigh! I texted Rob and he gave me the info where I could deposit equivalent pesos into his Bancolombia account.

Anyway, I think I have to decide on a mailing/billing address right soon!

 

The New York Times’ 7-day average of new daily infections and deaths has the US with 120,175 ð 120,719 ð 120,240 new cases and 1,270 ð 1,266 ð 1,300 new deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of yesterday, Colombia has a total of 2,287 ð 1,859 ð 2,066 new cases with 56 ð 42 ð 51 new deaths. Medellin has 347 ð 313 ð 250 new cases from December 14th to 15th. Envigado has 13 ð 5 ð 11 new cases from December 14th to 15th.  

T-shirt of the day

Daddy’s girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment