Monday, November 20, 2017

Sunday, November 19, 2017

Last night I slept as well as usual, woke up at 7am and got up at 7:30.

After my shower I saw that I have about 6 bite marks on my left forearm and one on my right ankle from no-seeums from yesterday.

I was outside Exito at 8:48 when I heard a woman tell another that it doesn’t open until 9.

I walked over to the bakery and bought a blueberry muffin.

I was back at Exito by 9am, picked up a few things and was out by 9:10.  I noticed a dead pigeon outside Exito.

Back at the apt I saw another dead bird (different type) outside our building.

Teresa has been trying for some time to get me to buy new shoes to use for the gym.  I keep insisting that my current (and admittedly old) gym shoes work fine.  Since I got my gym shoes so dirty yesterday she was adamant about me buying new shoes today.

I walked up to the corner and caught a bus to Mayorca.

I was there by 10:22 and everything was closed.  I walked around checking out the shoe stores and then sat down in a comfortable chair until 11am when everything opened.  I found pairs of Nike shoes in 2 different stores but they didn’t have them in my size; they had 8 ½ and 9 ½ but not 9.

I took a taxi back to the apt for 9,000 pesos.

I told Teresa my problem and asked her to go with me to Santafe later to look for shoes.

Today the Chicago Bears play the Detroit Lions at home.

I was having a chicken salad for lunch when one of my crowns came out.  Tomorrow we’ll have to call Dr. Rendon for an emergency appointment.

At 3:15 it started raining but it only lasted 10 minutes.

My Bears lost 27-24 but for the first time I was able to watch the whole game with no buffering.

At 4:45 it started raining again so Teresa said she doesn’t want to go to Santafe today; maybe tomorrow.  By 7:15 the rain had finally stopped.

I don’t often watch 60 Minutes but I did tonight which just happened to be their 50th Anniversary Edition.  The 3rd topic they covered was a follow-up to the November 28, 2016 LaMia plane crash of the Chapeco, Brazil soccer team.  They were traveling to participate in the Copa Sudamericana (South American Cup) and there were only 3 survivors.  The jet ran out of fuel and crashed into a mountain just outside Medellin’s International airport.  This article was about how the team is rebuilding and the town is recovering after the tragedy.

I went to bed at 10:45.


T-shirt of the day: Keep calm and call my agent.

No comments:

Post a Comment